do dealers check for chip and pulley for head replacement

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
I am taking my car into the dealer tomorrow for the tick. I am going to put my pulley cover back on. The dealer around here that is mod friendly already saw the car with nitrous so I can't go to them. I took the nitrous out, and I am going to a different dealer. Will most dealers check for a chip or pulley, would it be worth for me to remove both, and pay $120 to have it removed and put back on.

cbrtrx

Established Member
i would try with it on first and see what happens, my dealer used to work on my car and they even took pictures of every mod i had on it , probally to just say no later on when something big went, im thinking the new dealer you bring it to will just say the sound is normal and you dont have the tick like they told me and my car is much louder than yours

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I personally would hold off on going to the dealer. Sounds like they don't truely have a tick fix. But if you must, I would definately de mod all the way. Why risk voiding a warranty for $120? I would think it's worth the little time and money to keep it in check. Especially when we're talking about the motor which your mods directly affect (in their view).

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
Why risk voiding a warranty for $120? I would think it's worth the little time and money to keep it in check. Especially when we're talking about the motor which your mods directly affect (in their view).

amen

Users who are viewing this thread