Do FOP, Police Benevolent stickers help?

Sanke Pilot

Established Member
Just wondering. I've seen numerous cars sporting Fraternal Order of Police, Police Benevolent Society, etc. decals and/ badges on their plates or around the windows. Do LEO's ever let these folks off easier when they see such "copaganda"?

jshen

Established Member
I hope not

That didn't prohibit me when I was LEO, and I know it does not effect those LEO in my area. Frankly I have found those solicating for money and issuing those stickers have liittle to do with LEOs. When I get those calls, I ask what post are they getting money for..or what lodge is in my area...I never get an answer.

If there is a violation, none of us are above the law.

My .02 worth

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
Not around my area either. I never believed in being able to buy your way out of citations. As far as the badges on the plate, the majority of those around me are either FOP or FOPA members.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by Sanke Pilot
Just wondering. I've seen numerous cars sporting Fraternal Order of Police, Police Benevolent Society, etc. decals and/ badges on their plates or around the windows. Do LEO's ever let these folks off easier when they see such "copaganda"?

Ok before I answer your question, what is "copaganda"?

All the stickers do is put glue on your window. The only ones that are okay are the ones issued by a "local" FOP/PBA with a local # on it and they help basically in that area.

The shields/medallions are issued to FOP/PBA LE members to identify themselves to other officers. So the approaching officer knows there is probably a firearm in the vehicle.

I have FOP honorary member cards for my family and friends that list my info on the back. Along the east coast they tend to help during a stop where the officers usually has discretion.

jshen

Established Member
Not Meant to flame!

My brother and dad got tickets within the last few years and when asked "What should I do and what can you do", I replied....stop speeding and pay the tickets.

I have never in 32 years in the biz...showed badge, sticker or poster. I have been stopped but I deserved to be stopped. I think too much of the brotherhood to ask someone in blue to cut me a break.......

Does one hang card, sticker or ID out the window when stopped for violation? I can understand putting the officer's mind at ease, but in this time of violence and terrorism...is that what we want to do?. This is a time of "trust no one" and any crazy asses..or terrorists could do the same thing.... do we want to foster what could be, in other stops, a false sense of security.

Again, me being off on a tangent......seen too many killed in the line of duty.......and I do not like organizations that prey on LEOs' losses.....No thanks to sticker...I'll write my check directly to the local FOP.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
Re: Not Meant to flame!

Originally posted by jshen
My brother and dad got tickets within the last few years and when asked "What should I do and what can you do", I replied....stop speeding and pay the tickets.

I have never in 32 years in the biz...showed badge, sticker or poster. I have been stopped but I deserved to be stopped. I think too much of the brotherhood to ask someone in blue to cut me a break.......

Does one hang card, sticker or ID out the window when stopped for violation? I can understand putting the officer's mind at ease, but in this time of violence and terrorism...is that what we want to do?. This is a time of "trust no one" and any crazy asses..or terrorists could do the same thing.... do we want to foster what could be, in other stops, a false sense of security.

Again, me being off on a tangent......seen too many killed in the line of duty.......and I do not like organizations that prey on LEOs' losses.....No thanks to sticker...I'll write my check directly to the local FOP.

bro were talking about going 10-15 miles an hour over the speed limit here, not blowing things up.

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
Originally posted by 94ShoOff
Not around my area either. I never believed in being able to buy your way out of citations. As far as the badges on the plate, the majority of those around me are either FOP or FOPA members.

I heard that the actual badges and stars that are on plates and in the rear window are given to officers only. I asked a cop for when for my stang back when I pumped gas and he said only an officer can aquire a badge like that. I got my hands on two of them threw the grape vine. I have one on my beater and one on the stang. The 1st time I got popped for speeding the officer had asked me where I got it from and said my uncle is a cop and he still gave me the ticket.

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
heres mine :D it's a metal badge with dbl side sticky tape

fopbadge.jpg

Sanke Pilot

Established Member
Around here we get the football shaped "Associate Member FOP" if you join the shooting range or donate to the FOP. I can't help to think that if one is on the line, behaves while talking to the officer, and has one on the back of the car, it can't hurt.

Re: Re: Not Meant to flame!

Originally posted by Easy
bro were talking about going 10-15 miles an hour over the speed limit here, not blowing things up.

OK, #1, what the hell are you talking about? #2, "only" 10-15 mph over the speed limit. :rollseyes :nonono: Gosh, why is it always so easy to tell someone's occupation is "student" just by reading a couple of their posts?:nonono:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Not Meant to flame!

Originally posted by Euphoric One
OK, #1, what the hell are you talking about? #2, "only" 10-15 mph over the speed limit. :rollseyes :nonono: Gosh, why is it always so easy to tell someone's occupation is "student" just by reading a couple of their posts?:nonono:

ROFL!!!!!:lol:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Not Meant to flame!

Originally posted by Euphoric One
Gosh, why is it always so easy to tell someone's occupation is "student" just by reading a couple of their posts?:nonono:

Can you tell I am a student?

jshen

Established Member
Careful?

I know everyone in the biz..have seen the "in car videos" of officers stopping people for "common violations" only to see the officers caught off guard by the driver and/or passangers...and then shot and killed..right before their own video cam.....Caught on tape for all prospective LEOs to see and hopefully learn from others' fatal mistakes. One might suggest I am overly cautious....but I have attended the funeral of one who wasn't....

As to "[C]an you tell I am a student?" No but I can tell you that you haven't been where I have......nor experienced what I have..

Users who are viewing this thread