Do I have a problem

03vertPA

Established Member
My car sits once in a while. I don't drive it every day. With that being said here is my problem. When I start the car it seams like the battery is not fully charged and hesitates a bit. Once it fires up all the gauges max out to the right and then come back down?? WTF is up with that. I put a Borla cat back system on and a Light bar where I had to tap into the break wires. Any one have any Ideas?? :??: :shrug: :cuss: :fm: :gt: :mj: :( :eek:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Could you possibly have the cargo net covering the trunk latch? I found twice that if I wasn't careful, the net interfered with the trunk fully closing, which left the trunk light on and drained the battery. I can see the glow of the trunk light if it's on at night through the brake light strip on the "spoiler", but not during the day. The cargo net can be inadvertently reversed, which causes this.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by harry gilbert
Could you possibly have the cargo net covering the trunk latch? I found twice that if I wasn't careful, the net interfered with the trunk fully closing, which left the trunk light on and drained the battery. I can see the glow of the trunk light if it's on at night through the brake light strip on the "spoiler", but not during the day. The cargo net can be inadvertently reversed, which causes this.

The trunk light will go out automatically if left on for more then 30 minutes.

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
well he said the guages maxed out, which means that the computer is resetting if im correct

03vertPA

Established Member
Well, still cant figure it out. Thanks for all the replys you guys are great! I'm going to Zanio my car tonight to try and easy my pain a little. Looks like i'll be making an appoinment with the dealer. Do you think the dealer will say anything about my cat back system?

Users who are viewing this thread