Do I need an alignment?

TDUB003

Established Member
The other day while driving to work I noticed that while going straight my steering wheel is tilted similar to a car in need of an alignment. Normally I would just assume that I need to have it done, however I just installed an FR500 steering wheel last month. I also haven't hit any hard bumps or anything that I can recall that would've knocked it out, the only time I drive it is to work and back and that is straight freeway. I have no problem taking it to get an alignment done but I'm wondering if I should check the steering wheel before hand? I've installed steering wheels in other cars that I've owned and haven't had this happen but it does seem a bit weird to me that it would do this right after I installed the steering wheel.

hi ofcr cobra

Track Junkie
Established Member
As long as it's not more than 20deg or so off, you can fix it by adjusting the tie rods. If you have some toe plates (or want to make some) and a couple tape measures, you can do it yourself.

If you dont, or haven't had an alignment in a while, go ahead and drop $60 on a laser alignment at a shop.

Users who are viewing this thread