Do I need O2 extenders??

DarkHelmet22

KEEP FIRING A**HOLES
Established Member
Im putting an O/R bassani X on my 04 cobra and I will be using MIL eliminators will I also need oxygen sensor extenders?? Also will I need a new gasket for the passenger side exhaust where it bolts to header? THanks for the help

alex

Diddy

Banned
You will need the extenders yes. Depending on how many miles you have on your car you may not need a new gasket. Just check it out when you take off the factory hpipe, it should be in good shape. If not the gasket is about 11 bux at ur local ford dealer.

Diddy

Banned
DarkHelmet22 said:
Im putting an O/R bassani X on my 04 cobra and I will be using MIL eliminators will I also need oxygen sensor extenders?? Also will I need a new gasket for the passenger side exhaust where it bolts to header? THanks for the help

alex

BTW, offroad bassani x :bash:

Diddy

Banned
MILs (aka malfunction idicator light eliminators) basically trick the computer into thinking the car is still retaining the rear catalytic converters. On 4.6 liter mustangs (starting in 96) the check engine light will come on when you remove the factory converts and switch to on offroad pipe. However, since 99 it seems the computers have become even more touchy and will trigger the light even if you have an aftermarktet midpipe with high flow converters. Unless you plan on getting a tune (which enables the rear o2 sensors to be turned off) it is a great idea to get MILs. Just make sure before you install them to unhook your negative battery cable to reset the computer and then hook it back up when you are all finished.

BTW, I was nice this time around becasue I realize some people would rather ask than search...however, this topic has been discussed over and over again and is easily in the top 10 of the mustang bill of rights.

Users who are viewing this thread