Do I need to upgrade anything? Elevation issue.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
I asked this in the general section and did not get any responces so I'll try here. I recently bought a salvaged 03 Cobra and did a complete conversion into my 92 GT. I swapped over the complete drivetrain, fuel system, fuel lines, wiring harness, interior - basically an 03 Cobra in a 92 body. When I got the wrecked 03 it already had a few up grades - Billetflow 2.93 upper pulley, Seggie stage 4 ported Eaton, ported elbow, ported throttle body, Kooks 1 5/8" longtube headers, and 2.5" non-cat X-pipe. I'm adding a K&N FIPK and Dynomax exhaust. It still has the stock MAF, fuel pump and injectors. What I want to know is do I need to upgrade anything? Like MAF, injectors, BAP? I am at 4200' so I loose 13-15% air pressure and power just from the elevation. It has some sort of a tune on it already but I'm going to get it redone just to make sure. I've done a search and got mixed answers. My main issue is elevation, because of the thinner air, I loose 14-15% HP than you lower elevation people. It's like not haveing the ported blower at sea level. Thanks

yellowgt02

Established Member
When I bought my car last March, I bought it in Las Vegas.

I drove it home to Albera Canada with no problems.

I had the tune checked, and it was fine. I dont know what the elevation difference is, but if the car is tuned properly, you shouldnt have any issues, regardless of Elevation.

Users who are viewing this thread