Do I need to use those little brass clips when installing ID1050x injectors?

beastmar

Established Member
I was wondering if I had to install the little brass clips from my old injectors onto my ID injectors? My car works and runs fine without them. What are they for?

upload_2017-9-14_12-22-38.png

rymax101

Established Member
Nope. I believe they were for alignment of the install of injectors.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

rymax101

Established Member
Those are some expensive injectors for just a ported Eaton. Are you going to upgrade the blower?
Also I had to extend a couple of my injectors wiring due to having to turn the injectors so the connector wouldn't hit the head

beastmar

Established Member
Those are some expensive injectors for just a ported Eaton. Are you going to upgrade the blower?
Also I had to extend a couple of my injectors wiring due to having to turn the injectors so the connector wouldn't hit the head

As of right now I am sticking with the eaton. Down the road, who knows. I almost had to extend the wires but i was able to get it to fit. I am not able to if I try to place the wiring harness back on the fuel injector screws, so I just left them as is.

Soap

Established Member
Those are locks to hold the OEM injectors in place. They are not needed with ID's. Just bolt the rails to the raised bosses on the lower intake and you are all set.

--Joe

94slowbra1

Established Member
No. Just install injectors and go. If I remember correctly there isn't a provision for the retainers on the IDs. I just installed these exact injectors, they are great. Also i didn't have to extend any wires but it was close on a few
You're going to love them

Users who are viewing this thread