Do Kooks long tube headers make more interior noise?

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Do Kooks long tube headers make more interior noise? I have set on my car and there is considerable more interior noise. Not from the tail pipes but I can hear it from the front in the engine bay through the floor of the car. Kind of a popping/ticking sound. Not bad at criuse but gets louder under acceleration. I can find no exhaust leaks at the heads but there may be some from the slip fit collector. Is this normal? Do long tube headers just make more noise in the engine compartment becasue the tubing is thinner? Any ideas?

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
Do Kooks long tube headers make more interior noise? I have set on my car and there is considerable more interior noise. Not from the tail pipes but I can hear it from the front in the engine bay through the floor of the car. Kind of a popping/ticking sound. Not bad at criuse but gets louder under acceleration. I can find no exhaust leaks at the heads but there may be some from the slip fit collector. Is this normal? Do long tube headers just make more noise in the engine compartment becasue the tubing is thinner? Any ideas?
I have ARH longtubes and their is more interior noise.

did you notice any gains throwing on the longtubes?
Yes their is and I have a dyno sheet to prove it.

Fat-cat

Established Member
How much power gain... im looking at doing a set this winter to my whippled car

99BOSS

Established Member
Yeah, how much gains have some of you guys actually gotten from long tubes. Im debating them right now as a winter project as well. At first I was into the Kooks/ARH headers but thats a lot of money for headers and the midpipe you'd have to have to make them work. Now Im looking at the ceramic Macs or BBKs. Sure the Kooks/ARH is made of stainless but I'll bet they perform about the same as the Macs or BBKs and if I can save a few hundred for the same power gains, why not. My car gets 2K miles a year so Im not worried about a nonstainless header rusting out on me anytime soon. Just doing my research now. Thanks guys!

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
yeah, how much gains have some of you guys actually gotten from long tubes. Im debating them right now as a winter project as well. At first i was into the kooks/arh headers but thats a lot of money for headers and the midpipe you'd have to have to make them work. Now im looking at the ceramic macs or bbks. Sure the kooks/arh is made of stainless but i'll bet they perform about the same as the macs or bbks and if i can save a few hundred for the same power gains, why not. My car gets 2k miles a year so im not worried about a nonstainless header rusting out on me anytime soon. Just doing my research now. Thanks guys!

you wont see big gains with the bbks or hooker because they dont make a big enough primary tube (1 5/8 ) you need at least a 1 3/4 primary to see any substantial gains remember you have a forced induction car they really push the exhaust out. I have hooker 1 5/8 primary long tubes i saw maybe a 4 horse gain,that was with a apten ported blower single blade tb 4lb lower 2.93 upper ,cold air, afco heat exchanger , modular depot flash tune , so i wasnt lacking any where else my car made about 16lbs of boost and 498rwhp

Users who are viewing this thread