Do these dyno numbers sound realistic?

98fourvalve

Established Member
accurate or not, it doesnt matter, dynojets are what everyone is used to. so.... in reference to that mustang dynos read low and your power numbers are right on for your mods and it being a mustang dyno.

Av3ng3d

Established Member
Last edited:

4valved

Banned
This is why dyno numbers really mean nothing. Every dyno is different, rheres to many variables that play in.

brucesvt

Established Member
are your IMRC's working? i know it will not make a big difference but i do know if they are stuck closed that could effect the #s as well

Av3ng3d

Established Member
are your IMRC's working? i know it will not make a big difference but i do know if they are stuck closed that could effect the #s as well
There are times the car doesn't feel as strong up top, but I figure it's maybe in my head and I'm getting use to the power. :shrug:
I mean it's a definitely a possibility. I wonder how much of a difference it would really make.

Shaunk

Established Member
Dynojets don't read high or low they just read. Having dealt with almost every major brand of dyno out there, they all have some good things and bad. Mustang dyno numbers can be fudged too easily. I have seen that way too often. There is a local shop our here that puts out ridiculous numbers that can never be duplicated by other shops even with a "high" reading dynojet. In the end numbers are just numbers all dyno's are a tool for tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread