do they fit?

Whitefive.2

Established Member
does the S550 5.0 headers fit on the GT350?

because i asked On3 performance if they got a twin turbo kit they replied with this

"Hi
The current On 3 S550 chassis turbo system will work for you no problem. The GT350 will not be any different from the earlier applications"

the kit comes with headers for the turbos.. so will it really fit?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't believe the mounting points at the exhaust ports are the same.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The stock 5.0 manifolds (as a pair anyway) won't work on a GT350. Short of a bit of custom work. One of the 5.0's manifolds has an integral catalytic converter welded to it (previous S197 5.0 manifolds did not), referred to as a mani-cat. Both of the manifolds on the GT350 terminate at the collector like a traditional shorty header does.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Regardless if they fit or not aren't they a different design due to the firing order?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The Voodoo doesn't use equal length headers, so the tube design is probably the same.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
They are both, in essence, shorty headers. The GT350 manifolds are tig welded and dressed by hand (at Watson Engineering) whereas the 5.0 manifolds are production machine welded. Tube layout is much different between the two.

johnurankar

I have SW long tube headers from my previous 2015 5.0. They look identical (to what they show as a GT350 LT header) and I'm trying to find out if anyone has run them and if so what did they gain in additional power.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hellion makes what looks like a quality kit, and I'd be hard pressed to run On3 when the Hellion kit definitely fits.
I had some great fun today tracking a GT350R and I think it's perfect as is for that setting. However, I did think about how cool that drivetrain would be with twins for Street duty.
Just unbolt them for the road course :)
-J

johnurankar

Just got off the phone with Stainless Works. The headers themselves are the same however the length/width of the collectors and connection points are different. The 5.0 has 2 1/4" exhaust. An exhaust shop could make it work, although I'm not sure that would be worth messing with.

Users who are viewing this thread