Do y'all will this work for me?

Blown99Snake

Established Member
I really want to get my power up a little in the 2000-4000 range pretty quick and cheap. I was thinking of a 50-70 shot to help out. I would probably have a Progressive Controller to engage a shot around 2000 rpm and stop around 4000 so my Vortech can pick up from there with its power band. In other words, the N20 would only be spraying from 2000-4000.
attachment.php

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
eh, i dunno if i would spray so low. maybe a set of gears to get you up into the rpms a bit faster.

99SVTcobraVERT

well first question i have blown is what are your mods other than blower and typical exhaust, because if you on stock bottom end making 512rwhp then your motor isnt long for this world anyways. and adding nitrous to the mix is only going to make it worse. in addtion you can NOT spray nitrous on your cobra before 2800 rpms and that is pushing the limits. i never sprayed till at least 3k rpm. which means you would be spraying for 1000 rpms. so i mean you COULD because i assume your timing is conservative and you have cold plugs. this again COULD work but i dont advise it. bottom line is nitrous plus the amount of boost (at least 12psi if you dont have major mods other than blower) you have to be pushing to be over 500rwhp and stock motor do not mix. again this is all off me being an a$$ and assuming you are stock bottom end. and one other thing to consider is maybe your tune is set up really good for a nitrous/boost combo. hate to see you go boom bro... but please list your mods for better idea of getting opinions;-) :D :rolling:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
GEARS=get into blower power band quicker. Please don't do the nitrous idea. -James

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by 01BlueCOBRA
what does '' stock bottom end '' mean ?

the "bottom end" is the block, w/ rotating assembly (crank, rods, pistons)

the stock bottom end on 96-01 cobras is decent but for boost or nitrous they don't last all that long... when it breaks most people will go with lower compression, forged internals and spray or boost the shit out of it.....

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I believe it means his engine (crank, rods, pistons, intake) are all stock still. Usually people beef em up with forged parts.

99SVTcobraVERT

no bottom end is strictly referred to as pistons,rings,rods,bearings,seals,crank,and some consider block. basically what quick said. and wals intake is not considered bottom end, that along with heads and valvetrain is top end.

99SVTcobraVERT

az, you think that way for a while... but its same thing as being content with stock hp. then wanting little more, then little more because you bored of that. and what usually makes you change a car? getting beat... and when you get up to 450-500 hp and someone beats you and then rubs it in or pisses you off doing it by being sore winner then its not enough anymore...

trust me i was involved with a hp war against a local 03 cobra owner here. our first race was me running low on nitrous after abou 7-8 long runs that night and he caught me at end of evening. he had only bassani catback,bassani x pipe,bassani mid lengths and cold air. so im guessing he was 420's at wheels if he had a decent one from factory to start with. we ran first time almost even because i had SOME but it was cutting in and out. he finally at 135 nudged his cobra emblem a yard or two in front of mine. then 2nd race obviously he got me by several cars from 30-140. he talked sh*t so much about my car and how sprayed sucked.

next week he came out with a pulley,tbody and chip. dyno at 464 at wheels. keep in mind that its a vert with 18inch wheels and full sound system (lots of weight) i had full bottle and 1200psi. and KILLED him by 2 cars easy from tq alone almost instantly. it was never close at end of race 3 cars or so. he took it like a man and admitted that he put a pulley on (but i knew the shop that did it so i knew before then)

he said next time i wouldnt win. well next time was me with a blower making pretty good power. i knew before race he had kenny making 607rwhp... but i wasnt going to back out because i knew. he destroyed me by many many car lengths from his rpm on low end to 135 (when i let out) he was prob 150 =( then he tried to lie for whole night telling me it was apten with a new 3:73 gear. so when something like that happens to you then you want more =(

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by NOScobra2001
az, you think that way for a while... but its same thing as being content with stock hp. then wanting little more, then little more because you bored of that. and what usually makes you change a car? getting beat... and when you get up to 450-500 hp and someone beats you and then rubs it in or pisses you off doing it by being sore winner then its not enough anymore...

trust me i was involved with a hp war against a local 03 cobra owner here. our first race was me running low on nitrous after abou 7-8 long runs that night and he caught me at end of evening. he had only bassani catback,bassani x pipe,bassani mid lengths and cold air. so im guessing he was 420's at wheels if he had a decent one from factory to start with. we ran first time almost even because i had SOME but it was cutting in and out. he finally at 135 nudged his cobra emblem a yard or two in front of mine. then 2nd race obviously he got me by several cars from 30-140. he talked sh*t so much about my car and how sprayed sucked.

next week he came out with a pulley,tbody and chip. dyno at 464 at wheels. keep in mind that its a vert with 18inch wheels and full sound system (lots of weight) i had full bottle and 1200psi. and KILLED him by 2 cars easy from tq alone almost instantly. it was never close at end of race 3 cars or so. he took it like a man and admitted that he put a pulley on (but i knew the shop that did it so i knew before then)

he said next time i wouldnt win. well next time was me with a blower making pretty good power. i knew before race he had kenny making 607rwhp... but i wasnt going to back out because i knew. he destroyed me by many many car lengths from his rpm on low end to 135 (when i let out) he was prob 150 =( then he tried to lie for whole night telling me it was apten with a new 3:73 gear. so when something like that happens to you then you want more =(

Ha ha, I'm sure you are right! My wife keeps me in line! :) I just finally just started moding and I do have the bug....

Users who are viewing this thread