Do you clean your engine???

Am I crazy? Do you clean your engine compartment every time you wash the car?

• You're definitely not crazy - doesn't everyone do this every time they wash their car??

Votes: 184 39.8%
  • Crazy - no, Obsessive? - yes - once every month or two cleaning under there is plenty for me!

Votes: 241 52.2%
  • Yeah, you're crazy - who cares if the engine compartment is clean!

Votes: 25 5.4%
  • Hood? what's a hood? I'm a driver, not a mechanic.

Votes: 12 2.6%

• Total voters

cobraracer46

Banned
cobra46.gif

I bought my Cobra brand new and ever since the car was a few mounths old, I washed down the engine compartment with simple green and the motor has a brand new show room apearance at all times. Protectants such as armorall tend to atract dirt and heavy engine degreasers like gunk may cause the engine compartment paint to fade.

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
Everytime I wash the car(s) truck(s)
I chamois them off, open the doors and trunk and hood,
let the water drain, wipe the jambs, and I have a separate chamois just for the engine, as this is the best way to keep the engine clean, and then you don't have o (run water on it)

So, yes, I like ALL of my cars etc VERY clean :beer:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I dont clean the engine every washing, more like every other or even once a month...Sometime i dont wash the car, and just clean the engine

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I wash it about once a month with the orange citrus stuff. Yea, I've been known to wax the inlet tube, s/c, pulley cover and valve covers for the car meets. heck I'm a Ford in a sea of Chevy's want it to look good. The old Chevy guys ask what size is the engine? Oh, 281 I say and it comes with a s/c stock and does well against your chevy, want to run it and see? It's only 281 cubes not even a 283, very small engine. :)

darksrt

Established Member
cleaning engines are easy. use engine gunk cleaner(white can with orange top), then hose off with hose, wipe down with towel, wait to dry, then you can use armor all if you want to make it gloss and shine. dont turn on car though while electricals are still wet. bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread