Do you ever have those weeks where you feel/look like crap?

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
I'm having a bout of insomnia and my mind began to wander and focus on the fact that for the last few weeks I have not quite felt like myself in just about every aspect. I go to the gym regularly, 5 days a week, yet I look and feel out of shape despite any recent deviation in my exercise and diet regimen. I physically look like a wreck; My skin and hair looks blemished, unmanageable and blanched. It's the wierdest damned thing, but I look like a completely different person. My personality has also done a 180, as I feel more withdrawn, unconfident and emotionally listless than ever. When I go out drinking I become dull, irritable and distant, rather the sociable, likeable quaffing fool I normally assume.

I've had weeks in the past where I've felt similar, but never quite to this extent. I'll admit I have been under a tremendous, almost unsurmountable level of stress over the last four months (with a very challanging final semester and simultaneous application to professional school) and sleep has been few and far between. It's just so ****ing wierd how different I look and feel.

Anyone ever feel similar? What do you guys do to ease through times like this? (sorry to bitch, but hell it feels good to vent)

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
yea ive been like that a few times, all i do is chill with people, get out of the house and honestly, take my car on a good hour or so drive. Always puts me in a better mood and then im back to normal

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
yea ive been like that a few times, all i do is chill with people, get out of the house and honestly, take my car on a good hour or so drive. Always puts me in a better mood and then im back to normal

I agree...focus on other people and get your mind off of your "flaws." It seriously works every time! Do something you like and stop worrying about how you look/feel. You'd be amazed how much of it is actually in your head.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
My life is probably the crappiest it's ever been right now. I got no money, no girlfriend, I'm doing crappy in school, the past few weeks I've felt nothing but completely crappy.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Life is like that.. It's full of ups and down. Don't worry.. It'll get better. Remember that only YOU control the way your life is going. So, it's up to you to make it better.

ShaneHayes

Established Member
SLEEP. Fatigue and stress worsens w/ lack of sleep. Take the advice of the other posts, let your emotions out by talking to your closest friends/family, look at what the positive outcome will be by working hard, and lastly take a nice vacation or time off...when time is allowable. Everyone has to sometimes, back up and take time off. Keep your head up, and good luck.

-Shane

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
Ill do a good drive, then blow something important off and kick it with friends instead if its anything other than a serious lack of sleep. I love working out, but theres a point when I gotta cut my losses and get 60-90 more minutes of sleep instead (at least until I feel better).

CSD

Banned
I'm having a bout of insomnia and my mind began to wander and focus on the fact that for the last few weeks I have not quite felt like myself in just about every aspect. I go to the gym regularly, 5 days a week, yet I look and feel out of shape despite any recent deviation in my exercise and diet regimen. I physically look like a wreck; My skin and hair looks blemished, unmanageable and blanched. It's the wierdest damned thing, but I look like a completely different person. My personality has also done a 180, as I feel more withdrawn, unconfident and emotionally listless than ever. When I go out drinking I become dull, irritable and distant, rather the sociable, likeable quaffing fool I normally assume.

I've had weeks in the past where I've felt similar, but never quite to this extent. I'll admit I have been under a tremendous, almost unsurmountable level of stress over the last four months (with a very challanging final semester and simultaneous application to professional school) and sleep has been few and far between. It's just so ****ing wierd how different I look and feel.

Anyone ever feel similar? What do you guys do to ease through times like this? (sorry to bitch, but hell it feels good to vent)

Been there done that. It's called life, it's a bitch. My advice to you, ease up on yourself. First off, get some more sleep. In return, your body will take care of you. You need to take a step back and evaluate your life. What's causing the stress? If you can answer that, do something about it. Do stuff that makes you happy. Go out with friends, get a g/f, go to a comedy show and laugh your ass off, buy a dog. Basically anything that will help take your mind off of the shit that's causing stress in your life. Good luck my friend.

Whizzle

Established Member
My life is probably the crappiest it's ever been right now. I got no money, no girlfriend, I'm doing crappy in school, the past few weeks I've felt nothing but completely crappy.

I can relate to that except im still doing alright in school. My ex girlfriend just came over here to talk about things and I ended up punching a hole through the wall and now I have two broken fingers on my writing hand

Users who are viewing this thread