Do you experience "Brake Groan"?

magnido45

Established Member
Stock non-brembo brakes (pads, rotors) at 34K miles...I don't experience any noise when braking, but when I release the brakes from a full stop, I hear a slight groaning noise from the front brakes only. I did some research and some sources say it's normal. The noise is similar to rubbing your finger on glass that has just been wiped clean. Do your brakes make this noise?

Gruca

Established Member
Stock non-brembo brakes (pads, rotors) at 34K miles...I don't experience any noise when braking, but when I release the brakes from a full stop, I hear a slight groaning noise from the front brakes only. I did some research and some sources say it's normal. The noise is similar to rubbing your finger on glass that has just been wiped clean. Do your brakes make this noise?

When my brakes get wet and the car sits for awhile, I get this sometimes.

cyberwire

just to note, this started shortly after I put 20's on the car but I think its just a coincidence..

cyberwire

actually, now its making noises during the last 10ft of braking. I have checked the pads and they look fine. It almost sounds like something is binding. Predominantly from the front left. ugh

Users who are viewing this thread