Do you guys have a noisey trans?

NODOZE

Established Member
I have some noise coming from the transmission, I think, in 1st and 2nd at low rpms

Sounds a little like the TO bearing. as anyone else had TO bearing probs? my 99 did...

-B

FKing1

Established Member
My blower makes a noise in 1st & 2nd that sounds like it is coming from the transmission but is in fact the supercharger. The noise seems to be transmitted through the driveline.
Fred K.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
TOB probs? YES!

had my transmission replaced because the TOB wore against the TOB retainer sleeve and caused the sleeve to break. not a servicable part from what Ford has said. so they replaced the whole tranny.

You will find a plethora of threads about the TOB here.

Here is a thread that offers a solution to fixing the retainer sleeve if it should go break...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=617746&highlight=BC3#post617746

But best thing is to get the TOB replaced as soon as possible if that is what you suspect the problem is.

Is it making a high pitched squeel but then goes away when you press in the clutch pedal? if so then that is the TOB wearing against the sleeve.

now if your talking about that sound that is kinda like a bunch of marbles at low rpm in 1st or 2nd gear then that is normal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread