Do You Have An Android Phone?

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
I recently acquired an HTC Hero. I like Android so damn much after 3 WM phones. It works.

I have installed and uninstalled many apps. Pandora seems to be the only one I like. Does anyone have any worthwhile app suggestions?

|KNY BEL|

Established Member
barcode scanner?
pretty cool but i tried to scan some things in home depot on a motorola droid and most of the stuff didnt show up, but they are expanding to more and more things to be recognized everyday.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
Pandora rocks, I'm jamming it right now as I type this on my droid, Act 1 video player, advanced task killer(I use the most), ringdroid, compass, shazam, and I'm experimenting with a few different pdf readers right now.

I only listed my free programs, got a few paid ones that I don't really need.

Barcode scanner is cool and I used it at a local auto parts store that pricematchesto save 10$ on some brake pads today.

txyaloo

Established Member
Be mindful streaming Pandora. You can easily hit your 5gb "unlimited" internet limit.

jredwood

rainy day poster
Established Member
the best app i have found is TASK KILLER it is a free app. it is an app that saves battery power and keeps your phone speed up. it allows you to shut off apps you are not using. i can get through 2 days on one battery charge by shutting off apps when im done using my phone for a while.:beer:

jredwood

rainy day poster
Established Member
another one is GPS SPEEDO and its free. its a cool app that tells you speed,drive time,gps bearing,latitude and longitude.:beer:

txyaloo

Established Member
if he has a HTC Hero he has Sprint, and Sprint does not impose a 5gb limit on their unlimited data...it really is unlimited.

You're right. For some reason I thought Verizon was selling it under the same name, but they changed it to the Eris.

I thought Sprint had imposed the 5gb limit in the last few months also.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
I'm personally a fan of Useless Facts. I could play on that all day haha

btw, in his senior year in high school, Robin Williams was voted "Least Likely to Succeed"

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
Not to spam a website or anything but i just stumbled across this place and its a damn good site, learned how to root my droid, it works great. Android Community Forums

Also moto droids are getting a forced updateas we speak, bunch of fixes included.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
Better than the iPhone perhaps?

I hate when people compare them, if you want to be trendy you need an iphone, if you want the ability to do anything get android. I had a jailbroken iphone for a while and now ive got my droid, will likely be exchanging it for the htc dragon in a few weeks because i dont use the keyboard much and would love a trackball and bigger processor but now that my droid is rooted its faster than ill ever need and suits me better than any iphone.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Have you tried goggles from google? My brother has a droid and was showing it to me. Pretty cool.

GreenSnake

Established Member
I just got the droid today. I had been waiting for the HTC Dragon to come out, but I dropped my pos 3 year old razr in a beer. I am really pleased with the phone so far. I only have a weather app and the bar code scanner.

rich1011

Established Member
the best app i have found is TASK KILLER it is a free app. it is an app that saves battery power and keeps your phone speed up. it allows you to shut off apps you are not using. i can get through 2 days on one battery charge by shutting off apps when im done using my phone for a while.:beer:

+1 excellent app

tv.com

The google sky map is pretty neat.

I like showing off the metal detector. I haven't found a use for it but kids like it. They also like the magic 8 ball.

Last edited:

usaf_eagle

Established Member
I hate when people compare them, if you want to be trendy you need an iphone, if you want the ability to do anything get android. I had a jailbroken iphone for a while and now ive got my droid, will likely be exchanging it for the htc dragon in a few weeks because i dont use the keyboard much and would love a trackball and bigger processor but now that my droid is rooted its faster than ill ever need and suits me better than any iphone.

lmao.. yea because the iphone has no functionality whatsoever.. :lol: AT&T sucks.. I have no need to be "trendy"

Users who are viewing this thread