Do you pull over to help people?

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member

+1 Not everyone is broken down per say. Lot's of people pull over just to use their cell so it is hard to tell. When I see a car on the side of the road with hazzards, and a relatively normal person walking down a highway shortly after I have picked the person up and drove them to the nearest gas station but that has been the extent of it.

SOHCit2me

Established Member
Explain the depends part. What would stop you from pulling over if it was obvious something was broken?

Common

Established Member
I once pulled over and made few of my buddies get out to help push a car off of a very bad spot on a pretty fast ramp, we almost go taken out by a retarded woman driver soon after.

Ever since then, I have been bit more hesitant to stop and do some awkward shit like try to push a car to the side..........

canibus

Established Member
because bad people set traps to do harm on the person who pulls over. they'll steal your car, or abduct you. you never know. plus everyone has onstar or AAA nowadays, so they don't need my help

SVTContique

No, I dont trust people. I would love to stop and help someone, but the chance of something going wrong and them suing me, or someone shooting me in the face isnt worth it. It's sad, but its the world we live in now.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Rarely. Most people can either handle the situation themselves or already have someone on the way. The only people that I have helped are the ones that look and are completely helpless.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I don't really know what's going on unless I'm on on the other side :shrug: so no I don't stop.

ghostrider903

Established Member
Thats the advantage of living in the country here in Texas. I regularly stop to help people, but i do have a CHL and carry all the time.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Yes, when possible. I will pull over especially during slow traffic times.

I'll take my chances. If they want my car or belongings that badly, they can take them.

blackgtcp

Established Member
Im bad about pulling over and feeling bad. I hate it. I wish i didnt. Of course I judge whether or not theyre an innocent person first. Accidents yes and gas as long as they look safe. A couple ladies in front of my neighborhood ran out of gas and I made $25 and a free haircut (one was a hair lady)

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
im sort of one of those a-holes that believe if you cant fix a simple flat or what not, you shouldnt be driving. Though maybe if a hot chick caught my intrest. :)

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
No, I dont trust people. I would love to stop and help someone, but the chance of something going wrong and them suing me, or someone shooting me in the face isnt worth it. It's sad, but its the world we live in now.

I too feel this way at times.

blueovalfan

Established Member
I was on my to work at 6:30am in 8" of snow (roads were somewhat plowed) an old man hit a snowbank in the side of the road and I watched EVERYONE in front of me pass him. When I got close I started slowing down way early, I didnt really want to stop because I had to take my 5.0 that mourning. Once you stopped a 5.0 (or any mustang) in the snow you are stuck for a min, but it was an old man and I had to do it otherwise I would have felt like shit about it all day long. So I got out, pushed him out, he waved buy in the rearview. I had to drive my 5.0 and my 2000GT in the winter for a few years, spent most of the time sideways. GOOD FUN

Last edited:

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
I usually will depending on the situation. People have less of a tendnancy to get stranded in todays technological age. I just use common sense such as not stopping on a deserted highway to help some huge guy with a chainsaw with his hazards flashing. lol

Last edited:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I am reluctant to, even if they look like they could be normal. I broke down one night out where I live, which is somewhat country. I was totally surprised when someone stopped to check on me. I told them to go on, as I didn't know what to think of that.

When I used to drive a 66 Mustang all the time, I stopped for a fellow driving a 67 Mustang. It turned out, his guage was telling him he was full, yet he wasn't. Like Gomer Pyle said on the Andy Griffith Show, "your guage might tell you have an F when you really have an E".

Last edited:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
im sort of one of those a-holes that believe if you cant fix a simple flat or what not, you shouldnt be driving. Though maybe if a hot chick caught my intrest. :)
good point and +1 on the hot chick

I was waiting for someone to bring up the hot chick version :shrug:

but if hot chick it will be too late because she will have everybody pulling over to help

Users who are viewing this thread