Do you question why the EcoBoost exists?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
would of been nice to show what you ran with just a tune on stock wheels before adding in the 20s so we get a better comparison of the gains/times

Can you post a side picture of your EB? That thing looked MEAN slammed on those 20s

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
would of been nice to show what you ran with just a tune on stock wheels before adding in the 20s so we get a better comparison of the gains/times

Can you post a side picture of your EB? That thing looked MEAN slammed on those 20s

How would it have been a better comparison? It wasn't spinning stock, and all it did on stock tires when tuned was spin. Taking a car that doesn't spin and then adding power to make it spin shows nothing. If it spin when stock I would see your point, but it didn't.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
so your saying the ecoboost will have similar performance to the Gt with just a tune? Would love to see it go side by side on the street with a stock GT 6a.

That would be fantastic.

I have really chaged my tune about the ecoboost.

Maybe a stripper base model with all the basic mods will be in my future

2011 3.7 Kona

Established Member
so your saying the ecoboost will have similar performance to the Gt with just a tune? Would love to see it go side by side on the street with a stock GT 6a.

That would be fantastic.

I have really chaged my tune about the ecoboost.

Maybe a stripper base model with all the basic mods will be in my future
That's awesome 12.6 1/4 mile time with drag radial tires. I don't know about you guys but I don't drive around on drag radial tires as a semi DD. So with that said I wonder what in real world driving using factory tires or a high performance tire what would the 4 banger would run the 1/4 mile in with that tune.

Livernois, how much slower would your 1/4 mile time of been had you used the factory tires and not drag radials?

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
That's awesome 12.6 1/4 mile time with drag radial tires. I don't know about you guys but I don't drive around on drag radial tires as a semi DD. So with that said I wonder what in real world driving using factory tires or a high performance tire what would the 4 banger would run the 1/4 mile in with that tune.

Livernois, how much slower would your 1/4 mile time of been had you used the factory tires and not drag radials?

If your car makes enough power that street tires are useless, then you'd probably run drag radials as well. As mentioned before, why have all the power if you can't utilize it?

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
While others are only showing you dyno runs, gauges, or "coming soon" propaganda, we are out doing what we do best. Setting records and amazing people with the results we can achieve with the EcoBoost family of engines., Not only did we run an impressive 12.6 1/4 mile time earlier in the week on 20" wheels and tires, making it the fastest tune only EcoBoost Mustang in the country, we decided to see what some light weight wheels and tires would do. With a 17" race wheel and tire combo, along with removing the front seat, we were able to run a 12.1 1/4 mile time. This easily makes it the quickest EcoBoost Mustang on the planet.

We are just getting started with this platform, so keep a look out for more world records from Livernois Motorsports and Engineering!

Worlds_fastest_EB_mustang_zps0b4de134.jpg

EB_Mustang_BnL_zpsa2849791.gif

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Oh man, this thing is outshining the GTs at the moment. Not that it's faster but the buzz is all about the Ecoboost at the moment with it being a new, untapped platform.

You guys are doing some badass work out there at Livernois. Keep it up!

2011 3.7 Kona

Established Member
While others are only showing you dyno runs, gauges, or "coming soon" propaganda, we are out doing what we do best. Setting records and amazing people with the results we can achieve with the EcoBoost family of engines., Not only did we run an impressive 12.6 1/4 mile time earlier in the week on 20" wheels and tires, making it the fastest tune only EcoBoost Mustang in the country, we decided to see what some light weight wheels and tires would do. With a 17" race wheel and tire combo, along with removing the front seat, we were able to run a 12.1 1/4 mile time. This easily makes it the quickest EcoBoost Mustang on the planet.

We are just getting started with this platform, so keep a look out for more world records from Livernois Motorsports and Engineering!

Worlds_fastest_EB_mustang_zps0b4de134.jpg

EB_Mustang_BnL_zpsa2849791.gif
Excellent work guys. That's amazing. 11's should not be an issue for you.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I was at Milan today and got to see this car make a pass... Very impressive with the power from such a small motor & tiny turbo. Chit chatted for a bit, seemed like a couple nice guys. Good luck with your build & I'm looking forward to seeing how much power you guys can ring out of it!

Track wasn't hooking for me... I spun on 3 passes

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Awesome.

What rpm does it trap at? I'm also curious what a higher stall would net in ET.

faztcobra

Established Member
but without the extra power, it wouldn't have changed the 60' as the car didn't spin with the stock tune. Now, add all the torque we did and it's a spin fest. So, is it fair to compare a stock car, that dead hooks, vs. a modified car that spins? I definitely don't think so. Why? because spinning doesn't show the potential of the car.

I mean we are talking about a 4-cylinder mustang that goes mid twelves with 2 mods. A tune, and a tire, and people are complaining. Something doesn't seem right here...
It wasn't a complaint, just an observation. Color me impressed with what you've done with this car :coolman:

mobeydick

Established Member
I just kind of wonder how much oil it will burn/use. Kind of a heavy car to be pushing around with a 2.3. If it weighed as much as a Fox body I wouldn't think it had so much work to do.

Voltwings

Established Member
I just kind of wonder how much oil it will burn/use. Kind of a heavy car to be pushing around with a 2.3. If it weighed as much as a Fox body I wouldn't think it had so much work to do.

Any turbo car will use some oil, its just the nature of the beast, but 3500 lbs isnt stretching it for a motor with this much power. Hell, the Evo x is a 3500 lbs and a 2.0L. The latest body WRX is 3400 lbs and a 2.0L as well.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
First 11-Second 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
11.8 @ 114mph!

Livernois Motorsports and Engineering, holder of more EcoBoost related records than any other company, has set another one this week! We have set the record for being the first 11-second 2015 EcoBoost Mustang, also making it the World’s Quickest and Fastest 2015 EcoBoost powered Mustang! The foundation of this record setting pass was our custom tuning using our MyCalibrator tuning device.

Video coming soon!

10363743_844876665564697_4379912317412148916_n.jpg

Here are the mods for this 11.81 runs, and some interesting facts about it:

First 11-second EcoBoost Mustang
Quickest EcoBoost powered vehicle in the 1/4 mile
Race Gas Tune
Removed Passenger Seat
Removed cat-back (has factory cat and downpipe)
17" drag wheel/tire combo
Everything else is as delivered from the factory

The tuner is ready to go for these, of course for the pump gas tunes. We will start shipping Monday after the entire staff is back from SEMA.

Users who are viewing this thread