Do you remember the 5.0 days .....

SkipBuxton

Established Member
and when the LT1 cars hit the streets? They were to be reckoned with back then.

Now to my story today on the highway. I had a LT1 Camaro tuck in behind me today on my way to a meeting for work. After following me for about 10 miles - he decided to come and play. We went from a 60 roll - I pushed it in 3rd and motioned him to stab his (it was an auto). I let him gain 1 full car before I went.

I pulled him so hard I think he about S*IT himself. I was prolly 10 lengths ahead of him at 100 when I shut down - he eventually passed me shaking his head and smiling. We gave the thumbs up and went on. I am guessing he was stock except for exhaust. And to think I am still running the stock wagon wheel :(
Amazing what technology with the help of a supercharger has accomplished since the fox age (although I still own a fox too!!)

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Good kill. I see what you mean.

Then again my Fox had little troubles with the LT1's when they first came out so stepping up to the Cobra wasn't a huge leap. A factory freak now retired from the scene. :(

It still goes like hell, I just have to be careful with all the hundreds of thousands of miles on it. :-D

JDsfastGN

Established Member
i remember when my high 12 sec GN seemed unbeatable in my street encounters and then the LS1s came out and they were the new top dog car to beat around here. Now im running mid to low 11s and im in the middle of the pack when it come to street cars :( Good run though, my sister had an LT1 a few years ago, fun car and sounded great but wouldn't stand much of a chance against an 03-04 cobra.

SkipBuxton

Established Member
I am guessing this one was pretty tired.......prolly well over 100k. My auto notch could not keep up with the LT1 cars. It was close until about 70 - then I was seeing taillights

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i know what you guys are talking about. it seems like a short while ago, when my '87 fox was pretty tough. now, without slicks, its probably a mid 13 second car--completely average.

poopy01

My car is slow
Established Member
I still love my fox way more than any car I have owned. I love the boxy look, the shitty ride, And most of all...the sound...IMHO.. It never got any better than that.

Smokinlx

Established Member
I remember those day's, I have had My 1992 coupe since 1994. 175,000 miles 3 engines and 4 tranny's later and I still love this car. The turbo buick's grand national's were some tuff car's back then also.

Users who are viewing this thread