Do you support hunting? If not, maybe you should.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I like hunting, but baiting is about the gayest shit in the world. You might as well flush your nuts down the toilet and pick up a set of golf clubs.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Baiting is for pussies.

Hunting to control the population is OK, I guess. But personally, I could never pull the trigger, so I choose not to even try it. I just don't see the joy in killing a beautiful animal, whether it's for food, or not.

And I'd wage a lot of the people in this thread who say they do it just for food are full of it. The majority of hunters I know do it just to put a head on the wall.

I know a fair number of people that will get cow elk permits because they just like the meat and it doesn't require a raffle. A friend and I had planned to do just that before I left Utah for school, but we didn't get a chance. I had a co-worker who did it though, and he got enough elk meat that he had not purchased any red meat in the store for the past few years (and he had a good sized family).

Hunting is managed so that it's a means of population control. Lots of these animals have been displaced and they no longer have the natural population control due to their natural predators. Hunting takes up that slack and keeps plains from being overgrazed, keeps issues like Lyme Disease from flaring up and wiping out the population, etc.

Last edited:

insane99svt

Established Member
I enjoy hunting I only shoot if I want to eat the meat I have let them walk before cause I knew I did not want to clean it with the exception of this year. I killed 1 deer and did not clean it and use the meat but it was out of season and had been hit by a car and I could not let it set on the roadside with its back broken and die a slow painful death.

SnakePitRacing

Big Nerd
Established Member
I love hunting. Still remember my first trip. I was about 8-10. Spent a vacation in WA. Went hunting with my uncle. We were out for a while when we spotted this group of deer. One was a giant. Two or three does, and 2 smaller ones. Oh, I was so excited. My uncle shoots and immediately I was like "Hey, WTF? Why the little one" He then explained to me why the little one. Then I understood it wasnt just about killing. He loved deer. Best meat I have ever had. Been out a few times since.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I love hunting. Still remember my first trip. I was about 8-10. Spent a vacation in WA. Went hunting with my uncle. We were out for a while when we spotted this group of deer. One was a giant. Two or three does, and 2 smaller ones. Oh, I was so excited. My uncle shoots and immediately I was like "Hey, WTF? Why the little one" He then explained to me why the little one. Then I understood it wasnt just about killing. He loved deer. Best meat I have ever had. Been out a few times since.

That's pretty cool! It's not too common someone will pass up a big buck for some good tender eating.:beer:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
First off, I don't "detest" hunting. I said I simply choose not to do it.

Second, no, I'm not a vegetarian. So, you think I'm hypocritical because I eat beef from a grocery store? The difference between beef and deer, as I see it, is that cows are raised for the express purpose of being used for food, in most cases, and are killed in a semi-humane fashion (cutting their throats isn't exactly pleasant, but it's better than a bad shot that leads to the animal suffering for hours). My problem with hunting is that hunters can say all they want how it's about food. But then, why do so many of them portray it as a sport that's for nothing more than fun? And then why do they stick the heads on their walls as trophies? If it's about nothing but food, why do you need to have a big "look at me" head on the wall of your living room?

Hypocrisy can be even more amusing coming from those who proclaim themselves nature lovers. For ANYone to be on this site talking trash to others about how they treat the environment is pretty rich, indeed, considering the cars most of us drive.

I'm not speaking for any others when I discuss hunting. I hunt for meat. The only horns I have are from the first deer I shot when I was 14 y/o and they are on no wall. They are cleaned up & put away. As for you, you seem to enjoy speaking for others about things of which you know very little. Well, categorize & stereotype away my friend. Just know you look like a fool to those who have an understanding of the topic at hand. FYI, the only cattle who's throats are cut are those killed by rabbis in kosher fashion. The rest receive an air pressurized stainless steel rod to the back of the skull or, in some cases, a simple .22 shot to the brain. But since you know more than the rest of us, I'm sure you knew that but still think a slit throat is more 'humane'. BTW, ever watch an animal die after having it's throat cut? It's not humane in any sense of the term. It's actually terrible. A well placed shot from a firearm of adequate caliber will dispatch an animal much quicker & with much less suffering.

Users who are viewing this thread