Do You Think Ford Is Bringing The NEW Shelby GT 500 To The Detroit Car Show ?

Jbahoffman

Established Member
Do you thing Ford is bringing the NEW Shelby GT 500 to the Detroit car show or just the new Convertible GT 500? All that I've been reading is that they are only bringing the Convertible. We really want to see the Revealed "Official" Shelby GT 500 as we are going to be buying one.
If they are only bringing the convertible then we won't bother going all the
way to Detroit. What do you all think???

Proud owner of---1970 Mach 1 428CJ
1993 cobra
1985 GT Mustang 427Stroker
1993 convertible
1989 convertible
1980 GT
1987 GT
1986GT

chuckstang

Established Member
it shouldnt matter right??? its just a coupe with its head chopped off. all the hard facts will be out on the car, that is what matters. but i too would like to see a coupe, verts are for girls :)

NVWSSV

Read It Upside Down
Established Member
I think they'll have both the coupe and vert there, plus a GT 350, California Special, Mach, Boss, Cobra, and Bullitt. LOL, yeah, I wish.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
The car is to be unveiled 1 week from today. The public show is about the 14th to the 21st give or take a day. Look it up on NAIAS.com

broeli

Established Member
He did share with us once but he deleted the info. I think he said it was blue with white stripes. Really he didn't post anything about it we don't already know.

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
chuckstang said:
it shouldnt matter right??? its just a coupe with its head chopped off. all the hard facts will be out on the car, that is what matters. but i too would like to see a coupe, verts are for girls :)

Um...99 Cobras are for girls... :poke:
Just pokin some fun. :-D

I am just having fun,,,don't get too upset, its not meant as an insult...I had a 99 Cobra Coupe...No comparison to my 03 vert tho.

I love my 03 Cobra Vert (almost 500rwhp). But I will get a coupe next time in order to make racing easier...

1 week from today for the real car... woo hoooo

I won't buy one for over MSRP, so I may not get one, but I"m still excited for Ford to release it...bring on the Marketing Hoopla!

and Yes,,,what you see here is what you will get in the stores in a few months,,,barring any last minute changes...

Last edited:

PSNOUS

Established Member
Yea I really can't say anything else, sorry. It won't be dissappointing though for most anyway. The one I seen was 95% production model, not sure what'll change but from what I seen I like it and would buy it. Only thing that scares me as of now is what the price will be.

mrsuds

Established Member
PSNOUS said:
Yea I really can't say anything else, sorry. It won't be dissappointing though for most anyway. The one I seen was 95% production model, not sure what'll change but from what I seen I like it and would buy it. Only thing that scares me as of now is what the price will be.

There is so much information in your head that it makes me sick, but I guess to keep "the man" happy, you have to zip your lip.

Once they present the car to the press can you speak about your experience??

91svtbird

Established Member
PSNOUS said:
PONOUS,You speak as though you know what the price will be . Am I wrong or are you just thinking that the price will be greater than $40,000??
It wouldn't be good if Ford charged more than they have led us to believe!

PSNOUS

Established Member
I'm not sure of the price, just gossip and hearsay. It was suppose to be around 39k but for economy bs reason its suppose to up 11% but like I said its all gossip and hearsay as of now

PSNOUS

Established Member
mrsuds said:
There is so much information in your head that it makes me sick, but I guess to keep "the man" happy, you have to zip your lip.

Once they present the car to the press can you speak about your experience??

I could I guess in a creative way, just certain things I can and can't say about and where at, etc.......

Users who are viewing this thread