DO you think your Terminator can take the GT500?

Patisi

Established Member
Here is my dilemma, I see so many stories of '03/'04 Cobras beating Vettes, inlcuding, Z06's as well as the new C6 Z51 Packages, then I see the Car Mags stating that the '06 Vette e.g. the C6 Z51 is a faster car.

Should I then expect see stories of Terminators beating the GT500 on the street or at the track? Get my drift? I know we all love our dear Terminators and a lot of us are going to be keeping them since we are disappointed with the GT500.

But I am just wondering if we will see these stories? Because, we see guys who claim they beat Vettes all the time, yet the mags say the opposite between the '06 Z51 package Vette and the GT500, so we should see stories fo guys spanking the GT500, right?

At the moment, I can't say if I'll be keeping mine till I see how much the dealers are asking.

Wintermute

Banned
It's sorta of a moot question isnt it ? Terminators are so highly modifiable, and the GT500 will be the same way. Initially you are going to see lots of modified cobras taking stock Shelby's. After 6 months it will strictly be "who brung what".

Patisi

Established Member
Win7ermute said:
It's sorta of a moot question isnt it ? Terminators are so highly modifiable, and the GT500 will be the same way. Initially you are going to see lots of modified cobras taking stock Shelby's. After 6 months it will strictly be "who brung what".

Long Answer:
So it is difficult for you to say, the 4.6 Motor in the Terminator is highly responsive to Mods and we expect the same of the 5.4 Motor in GT500, therefore if is this is the case, then, it is not likely that we will see Terminators killing GT500, after the GT5-- owners begin to Mod them.

Short Answer:
No.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Any car can beat another in a race with
1) a good driver
2) enough mods/money put into it

There are too many variables...
You will see GT500 smoke Terminators and Terminators smoke GT500's.
:coolman:

Patisi

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Any car can beat another in a race with
1) a good driver
2) enough mods/money put into it

There are too many variables...
You will see GT500 smoke Terminators and Terminators smoke GT500's.
:coolman:

I agree there will be the execptional cases here and there, but what will be the norm, when the GT500 has been around long enough and it has been modded the same as the Terminators have been, what will the verdict be? I dont want the one story here and there where someone tells us of how tey beat a GT500. Generally speaking what will be the faster car?

I get the impression that we Terminator guys are NOT generally willing to conceed that the GT500 Generally will be faster. I see where you said you smoked a Z06 on the straight away.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Patisi said:
Generally speaking what will be the faster car?

I get the impression that we Terminator guys are NOT generally willing to conceed that the GT500 Generally will be faster.

It depends, they will both be fast but the GT500 is a heavy car. If they are both modded the same... I would lean toward the GT500 although it is suppose to be heavier.

Patisi said:
I see where you said you smoked a Z06 on the straight away.

Smoked? :shrug: I wouldn't say that. I beat it buy about half a car until he took a turn faster then I could and ran away from me. I would have pulled harder if we had more room to keep going straight. All in all a great run.

Last edited:
Well with the 03 cobra. You can gain 100whp just with $1k. I think the vettes need a little bit more money put into them, or they need NOS. The terminators will still be a force to reckon with on the streets, but I expect the GT500 in about 3 years will be a street KING.

Fnet=ma

Established Member
This is a question of mods. Stock C6 Z06 > GT500 > Cobra, but it can go either way with enough money into each car. I dont really understand what the point of saying what will be "generally faster". If you are asking if a greater % of Cobras will be faster than GT500's I would probably say it will be close but a little lean towards the GT500 guys. I would expect that GT500 owners are more on the older side, and cobra owners are younger due to the price difference. I would expect the younger guys to be less content with their 400hp cars and seek out the 500 range. But really we just need to see what the GT500 will do stock as far as 1/4 times. Because a bolt on, pullied and ported Cobra can be very potent on the street or track for a few thousand.

Camaro99SS

Established Member
The 500 should be a little faster stock vs stock, but not by alot. The basic design of the 5.4 is terrible for a performance application because of the huge stroke and small bore. IMO, that's why the 500's aren't much quicker with ~80 more hp and only 200lbs more to tote. But with FI, that problem tends to go away.

What I'm leary of though is durability. 5.4's have a pretty low rod/stroke ratio that will add more stress to the cylinder walls. The Terminator 4.6's aren't exactly loose motors to start out with and have had some problems in this area. I hope Ford loosened the piston too wall clearances up a bit, but I have a feeling they didn't... :uh oh:

Jason

mustangbee

Established Member
CobraChris08 said:
90% of the races I have seen

Cobra vs C5 Z06

The Z06 has won.

+5598 yeah, but you've actually "seen" those races...on this website, cobras never lose

Wintermute

Banned
Patisi said:
Long Answer:
So it is difficult for you to say, the 4.6 Motor in the Terminator is highly responsive to Mods and we expect the same of the 5.4 Motor in GT500, therefore if is this is the case, then, it is not likely that we will see Terminators killing GT500, after the GT5-- owners begin to Mod them.

Short Answer:
No.

I wasn't aware that my posts were so cryptic so as to need translation.
Um, thanks ? :shrug:

StangJason

Established Member
mmmhhhh a turbo'd 03 Cobra on low boost makes 550rwhp easily and turn up the boost and you have a car capable of making well over 1000rwhp if done correctly and 700-800rwhp very streetable and fairly reliable.

2k1cobra

Established Member
SALEENGTROUSH said:
yes this is true... only because most 03-04 cobra owners CANNOT drive
True story, especially on this site. *Puts flame suite on* :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread