Do your brakes squeel?

wjfawb0

Established Member
I have 17,000+ miles and mine squeal under moderate braking. They have now for the last couple thousand miles. Doesn't bother me as long as the car stops. :D

-JAson

03Red10th

Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
My right rear squeals so bad that it's worn a groove in the rotor. :cuss: I took it in for service and was told that it was a rough spot in the pad and that it would go away in time. I called SVT and they said there may be a rock or other piece of road debris lodged between the caliper and rotor. (YEAH RIGHT) SVT said let it go for a week or two and give them a call back if it's still squeaking. I've had the squeal for about 2 months and I get excessive brake dust only on that wheel. Only 2100M so I'm going to let it go for a while and have the rotor, caliper, and pad replaced before the 12 months/ 12000 miles expires. :coolman:

03TorchRedCobra

Been around
Established Member
I only have 3400 miles and so far no squeals. Iwas hoping this would not be an issue in this day and age, but guess it still is. I hate brake squeal with a passion.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
If it starts on this car I will find a way to stop it....I can't stand them squealing :cuss: make's your fine machine sound like a shitbox!

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Mine sqeals rarely. Ther service rep i talked to says theres some kinda metallic substance in the pad. Forgot what it was, it was long ago. He said its normal due to the pads. Havent heard mine sqeak in awhile though.

Users who are viewing this thread