DOB "bolt action" shifter the TR6060

SilverGTvert

Established Member
I actually have a pre production DOB shifter in my car now. It's a Rock solid design that works! No more 2-3 shift issues! Tested in my car with ET Pro drag radials - 700rwhp. Check out the full details here.....

Offsite link removed by mod

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
11-12 GT500's have the 1-2 shift problem. Maybe op had a problem missing 3rd? I hear a bunch of people put in in 5th instead of 3rd at the track.

sqidd

Established Member
Some info here:

Link removed by mod pending vendor status verification.

SilverGTvert

Established Member
I never had much of an issue with my TR6060 (2009) when I was ~500rwhp. Once I hit the 600 range I experienced the 1-2 "grind" that many others do. I tried aftermarket shifters, and there are options that help a lot. But not 100% as all the aftermarket shifters still have one major design flaw being attached to the floor of the car. The DOB shifter is the only design that addresses this issue with the entire shifter assembly divorced from the floor of the car.

Note that only at my current power level >700rwhp, with a full drag radial, did the 2-3 become hit and miss. So my experience with the 1-2 and 2-3 TR6060/shifter issues appear to be directly related to the power level of car.

Last edited:

69Mach1351w

Established Member
I never had much of an issue with my TR6060 (2009) when I was ~500rwhp. Once I hit the 600 range I experienced the 1-2 "grind" that many others do. I tried aftermarket shifters, and there are options that help a lot. But not 100% as all the aftermarket shifters still have one major design flaw being attached to the floor of the car. The DOB shifter is the only design that addresses this issue with the entire shifter assembly divorced from the floor of the car.

Note that only at my current power level >700rwhp, with a full drag radial, did the 2-3 become hit and miss. So my experience with the 1-2 and 2-3 TR6060/shifter issues appear to be directly related to the power level of car.

Any update on this shifter?

Users who are viewing this thread