Dodge Charger SRT-8 photos released

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
WKA2005032382794_pv.jpg

WKA2005032382812_pv.jpg

WKA2005032382830_pv.jpg

Hot on the heels of other performance vehicle releases, Dodge has quietly revealed the Charger SRT-8, which should cost substantially less the the 300C SRT-8. Of course, this includes the 425 horsepower 6.1 Hemi, beefed up suspension and the oversized wheels/tires and Brembo brakes.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Not sure if I like it ....the front looks mean, but the back still reminds me of an intrepid.

on a side note, I thinking with SRT wedging the 6.1 into everything (300C, Jeep, Charger, etc) some manufactuer will come out with some good parts for it pretty soon.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Somebody make this a 2 door and drop it in Dodge's corporate suggestion box.

I like the 300 SRT-8 better.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
front looks mean and the back I also have to agree that it looks like an intrepid. that's the first thing that came to my mind when I looked at it.

anybody think that wing is out of place as well?

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I like the first two the best. From the front/side angle it looks pretty amazing for a sedan and the wing looks more in place. From that last pic, I'm not so sure. However, my family took in the local auto show this past weekend and saw the Charger R/T. Up to that point, my wife didn't like the Charger. After the show, I asked her which sedan she'd take in the low $30k price range and she said the Charger which surprised me. She said she liked it a lot better in person.
I'm guessing since the R/T will start at around $30,000 and the SRT package on the 300 adds about $6,000 to the price, then the Charger SRT should start around $36,000. Not too shabby for the versatility and performance.

6spd

Established Member
dont like the hood scoop but i like the front. dont liek the back, and dont like the 4 doors. that sucks how all these old school cars take a turn for the worst.

Charger, Monte, etc etc

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Yeah it sucks.. DC definitely killed this one!!! I know lets take an american muscle icon and make it a family model four door but we wont listen to people complain because hey its gotta be good "cause that things gotta HEMI" :rollseyes :kaboom: :nonono: :fm: :xpl: :rolleyes: :loser:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Sure, Charger is a departure from what it used to be but I think its about as deserving of its name as anything out there considering as its large, aggressive and powerful just like the vintage Chargers. Its just got two extra doors. My thinking is...Big Deal! My bet is that this SRT Charger probably stock for stock would outgun the older big block Chargers and needless to say, the old Chargers were practically sedans with 2 doors.

Now, here is Ford's example of using a famous performance name with a more forgettable face. Since Five-Hundred plays off of the old 500 designation as in Fairlane, Galaxy and Torino 500, I think it would be a safe conclusion that this "500" is not that intimidating and neither is its performance making every bit of 200 horsepower even in the high end model.

WKA2004010404691_pv.jpg

WKA2005032382794_pv.jpg

For comparison sake.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into a Charger but rather just saying that Dodge IMO has a pretty decent idea there IMO afterall this isn't a front wheel drive V6 Intrepid renamed Charger. Its a high performance V8 RWD sedan with aggressive coupe-like styling and happens to use a classic name to leave an impression. Its styling is truly "love it or hate it" but that's one admirable thing about certain cars to me. To each his own though.

You folks are right, Dodge should have replaced their fullsize, 4 door Intrepid sedan with a 2 door coupe. That would make fantastic business sense.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Euphoric One said:
You folks are right, Dodge should have replaced their fullsize, 4 door Intrepid sedan with a 2 door coupe. That would make fantastic business sense.

Many of the Mopar faithful have been waiting years for Dodge to build a car to compete with the Mustang and up until 2002 to compete with the Firebirds, T/As, and Camaros in both performance and price. This is all the better DC could do? It's a 4 door family sedan. It looks more like a box car with four doors. DC could've kept the Intrepid program around for a few more years and built a Charger more like the concept that was released several years ago. Do you honestly know how many Mopar faithful would buy a 2dr 6.1l Charger? Id say the sales would probably easily surpass the record sales of the newly redesigned 1994 Dodge Ram. A 2 door Charger would make fantastic business sense. Why?, because so many have been waiting so long for Dodge to build a new Charger. Why, do you think I own a Cobra? I love my Cobra and I do like Ford but buying my car would've been alot tougher decision had there also been a 2dr Charger in the "wheels for you." Dodge lost my business and they are going to lose alot more with the 4dr Charger.

Users who are viewing this thread