Does any company make a 1:18 assembled Diecast model for 96-98 Cobra's?

MysticVenom96

Established Member
I have been searching all over for a diecast model company that makes a 1:18 scale model of the 1996-1998 Cobra Mustangs! Seems like every year cobra mustang is being made now except 96-98 and 94-95 cobra's. Anybody know if a 1:18 model of our cars is available for sale???

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
I've been looking for 2+ years and I've yet to find one :(

The closest I've found is a 95' Cobra R model that you have to build that's made by Revell

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
There is a 94/95 cobra in 1:18. I see them on Ebay every once in awhile. And when they are on there, they are always high in price.

Vigilante

Established Member
There is only one diecast model ever made for the 96-98 cobras only. Its by Auto art and its 1/24 scale both coupe and convt and in all the cobra colors except mystic.

The downside... you have to order in bulk from toywonders.com(only website to currently to sell them) in $200 or more purchases(spoke to a rep). I've done my homework and called multiple places in town and they can't special order(ala one only), so unless everybody gets together for one purchase through them, we can't get one.

PM me as I would like one, if you do get enough people together.

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
I have the 1/18 scale 1994 COBRA Pace Car in Red. It is made by Joeuf and is absolute JUNK. The seats and wheels fell off during shipping and luckily I only paid 9.99 because some people bid up to 80.00 for them.
IMGP5574.jpg

I also have the black 96 COBRA in 1/24th.
IMGP5572-1.jpg

IMGP8567.jpg

IMGP8569.jpg

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
There is only one diecast model ever made for the 96-98 cobras only. Its by Auto art and its 1/24 scale both coupe and convt and in all the cobra colors except mystic.

I never seen them on there, got a link?

1:18 scale - Only SN-95 car's I've seen were the 1994 models: Mustang GT, GT Conv, and SVT Pace car

ElviSVT

Established Member
HTML:
I have been searching all over for a diecast model company that makes a 1:18 scale model of the 1996-1998 Cobra Mustangs! Seems like every year cobra mustang is being made now except 96-98 and 94-95 cobra's. Anybody know if a 1:18 model of our cars is available for sale???

The closest replica of the 94-98 Cobra that I have found and purchased was in fact not a Cobra but a 98 351 Saleen. Detail is extraordinary. Anything else that I have seen has been insequential. The price however is dictated by this extreme quality. Well worth the price. The manufacturer is AtouArt.

BlackCobra96

I've looked for years. There's nothing but junk (motor max). The best is a plastic model kit, presuming you know how to build one of those really well. I've thought about converting a high quality Auto Art Saleen into one, but never did.

ElviSVT

Established Member
HTML:
I've looked for years. There's nothing but junk (motor max). The best is a plastic model kit, presuming you know how to build one of those really well. I've thought about converting a high quality Auto Art Saleen into one, but never did.

There you have it. Look no further. As I repeat myself, the rest are totally inferior. Not a Cobra, but all others are just "crap." It's as close as you are gonna get.

MysticVenom96

Established Member
Is there any way we can get a company like gmp to make it? Maybe if we got a petition with enough interested people?

CobraVert97

C O B R A
Established Member
Unfortunately GMP only makes Fox bodies & earlier. I think the closest year to ours is the '93 Cobra. Would be awesome for them to make something in the 96-98 range! I have a MotorMax (I think, it doesn't say on bottom!) 1:24. Says NO. 68009 model #. It's SUPPOSED to be a Red/Gray 98 Cobra Conv BUT has 95 Cobra Wheels & is overall poor quality BUT I haven't seen ANYTHING closer to our year. If anyone can find anything better in a diecast, I would love to have it.

Here is a couple of current Ebay examples:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MM-1998-FORD-MUSTANG-COBRA-CONV-DARK-GREEN-1-24-MIB_W0QQitemZ160154597443QQihZ006QQcategoryZ758QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247
http://cgi.ebay.com/1998-Ford-Mustang-Cobra-Dark-Green-1-24-MWB_W0QQitemZ160271556447QQihZ006QQcategoryZ223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kssmysvt

Established Member
Is there any way we can get a company like gmp to make it? Maybe if we got a petition with enough interested people?

GMP will make anything you want as long as you wanna front the money.
They dont have the tooling to make the 94+ cobras so it will be over $100k just for that.
I custom ordered some 2006 GTOs, minimum order is 1000 pieces that you will have to pay for in order for them to make it. Then you can sell them and try to make your money back.

If GMP runs out of cars to make since you can only have so many variations of one body style they might start looking into different body styles and then people will get what they want.

(sorry for the long story)

Last edited:

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
GMP will make anything you want as long as you wanna front the money.
They dont have the tooling to make the 94+ cobras so it will be over $100k just for that.
I custom ordered some 2006 GTOs, minimum order is 1000 pieces that you will have to pay for in order for them to make it. Then you can sell them and try to make your money back.

If GMP runs out of cars to make since you can only have so many variations of one body style they might start looking into different body styles and then people will get what they want.

(sorry for the long story)

thats what i was gonna say. in the R forum a while back they were talking like they wanted to get a group together to have 95 R's made, but i dont think they had enough people. but between us and them... maybe, just maybe... we can get some GMP's made. that would kick ass, since a buddy of mine bought a 93 cobra from them, and that thing is badass on the detail. even down to the iddy-biddy floor mats.

Users who are viewing this thread