does anyone do marketing for their work?

stubbs

Established Member
Exactly waht the title says. Is anyone in marketing for their jobs, and how is it. Is it hard or what I dont know what it is.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
i'm a marketing major, and i can tell you that doing a marketing analysis sucks. I believe i just landed a job with southern farm, but plan in the future to be an agent.

what all do you want to know? i can tell you pretty much anything that is envolved in it.

chiz

stubbs

Established Member
CHIZ said:
i'm a marketing major, and i can tell you that doing a marketing analysis sucks. I believe i just landed a job with southern farm, but plan in the future to be an agent.

what all do you want to know? i can tell you pretty much anything that is envolved in it.

chiz

Well somehow my name got put in for a company, and they sent me something in the mail saying that they have openings for me any i have an interview today but I dont know if I want to go. I belive I will be trying to sell cutlery, but I dont know. This is the company

Vectormarketing.com

Thanks for the help.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
hmmmm, i guess it depends on what you want to do. Aparently you'll be selling kitchen products. Like knifes and such. If you think you'll be interested in it go to the interview and see what they say.

How old are you, and would this be your first job?

if nothing else, it'll help you in future job interviews.

Bootbox

Established Member
Vector is Cutco knives. You go to a bunch of meetings and they eventually tell you that you have to buy a $150 set of knives if you want to work there. Then, if you go ahead with it, you sell knives door to door all summer.

You literally sell knives door to door, just toss it out.

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Saying you in marketing is like saying you are in finance. Its a very loose term. Marketing can be everything from sales to actual advertising and market research/analysis. Normally marketing jobs that are offered to anyone without a specific degree or training is a commisioned based sales job.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread