Does Anyone Go To Gmu???

REDFIRE03SVT

Established Member
Hey just wondering if any MACA members go to George Mason University. I've noticed there are a TON of people that drive slick cars but there is no auto club (that I am aware of)... Such a big university NEEDS an auto club. I haven't been able to find any trace of one SO I'm thinking about starting one, or at least an un-official one for now if anyone is even interested.. give me some feed back if you go to GMU and may be interested.
thanks

BLK_VNM

Established Member
problem with gmu is it has ALLOT of richy lil kids from the surrounding areas that may have nice cars but dont know jack about them. the whole tuner scene or moding cars around here hit big when the movies started comming out. the people that know anything about cars in nova generally have an online club or small team among friends and either go to a local show once in awhile or are big street racers. also fairfax is hard to find a good meeting spot as the cops are known to shut them down fast. this includes the campus. i seem to remeber a big show trying to be held on the gmu campus with a bake sale and they said it was a danager to the campus.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
If they seriously have a problem with holding a car show, I'll be happy to give you pictures of the one we just had in College Park in the Comcast center parking lot with well over 500 cars. We 'sold' food and everything without a hitch.

Good luck with starting a club. Just find like 5-10 people to start it up, then make sure you get out there with all the other clubs and recruit. At UMD, we had a 'first look fair' where all the clubs on campus set up tables in the mall and kids could come and talk to us about them. We got a lot of people that way. Car clubs on campus are an awesome way to meet different people that all share the same passion for cars that you do. Its how I met a majority of my friends on campus.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I'm finishing my SOM Bachelors this year so you might see me around. I'm only there for classes on campus but I'm 5 minutes away.

REDFIRE03SVT

Established Member
SVT-VNM said:
I'm finishing my SOM Bachelors this year so you might see me around. I'm only there for classes on campus but I'm 5 minutes away.

hey cool im taking the SOM route as well. Maybe i'll see u around.

i'll keep the satus of this auto club posted for all who may be interested.

thanks for the interest all, is there anyone else out there??? haha

maybe i'll post on all the forums here to try to get more people cause im sure there are quite a few people on svtp that go to GMU... if anyone has any ideas of more ways to get the ball rolling on this, I'm all ears and open to suggestions...
thanks,
-Tim

Users who are viewing this thread