Does anyone have 17in deep dish rims!

1997stang

Established Member
Hey guys, does anyone have 17in 10.5 deep dish rims in the back like FR500 or Bullits? Im wondering if they fit and if you have them please post up a picture! And also, any with 315s on them?

Thanks!
Mike

mineralstangt

Established Member
That fitment will fit with minor modification rather it is adding spacers or some people shave down the IRS bolt but in doing so 10.5s can be made to fit with a 315/35R17 but make sure you pick the right brand of tire because some have molds that are thinner than others. Sumitomo and Nittos tend to be thinner than say BFG KD/Ws, Goodyear GS-D3s or Yokohama AVS Sports to name a few.

Last edited:

1997stang

Established Member
That fitment will fit with minor modification rather it is adding spacers or some people shave down the IRS bolt but in doing so 10.5s can be made to fit with a 315/35R17 but make sure you pick the right brand of tire because some have molds that are thinner than others. Sumitomo and Nittos tend to be thinner than say BFG KD/Ws, Goodyear GS-D3s or Yokohama AVS Sports to name a few.

Thanks alot! So if i get some wheel spacers the deep dish FR500s with 315s should fit in the back?

Mike

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
i have 17x10.5 Fr500's with 315s on my 2001 Cobra... no spacers...the car is slammed on its nuts though so the irs bolt isnt a problem either

ZachSav

Ford Tech.
Established Member
i am now... here are some pics... 315s Sumi's on 10.5" Bullits.

my GT

DSC_0351-1.jpg

DSC_0283-1.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

My old car.

DSC_0346.jpg

mineralstangt

Established Member
Were they a decent tire? I was thinking of getting the HTRZ 315s for the back and the 245s for the front.

Well for the price they're a decent tire. To easily spun if you have a slightly heavy right foot but again you get what you pay for. I ran them for 1 winter and they fared alright, no complaints. Just don't drive like a jack ass and you'll be fine, they should last a while as long as you take care of them. One of the perks to working at Discount Tire was I got to try out just about every tire out there. Hope that helps!

1997stang

Established Member
Well for the price they're a decent tire. To easily spun if you have a slightly heavy right foot but again you get what you pay for. I ran them for 1 winter and they fared alright, no complaints. Just don't drive like a jack ass and you'll be fine, they should last a while as long as you take care of them. One of the perks to working at Discount Tire was I got to try out just about every tire out there. Hope that helps!

Alright, thanks for the advice! Do they do well in rain?

GT40TH

Established Member
I run 17x10.5 with bfgoodrich drag radials . they are no good when it rains but I dont drive it in the rain so its all good;-) I love how fat they look and they hook like a motherphuker!:rockon::beer:

122009019.jpg

122009045.jpg

O4COBRA

Established Member
315-35-17 Sumitomo's here. Didn't touch the IRS bolt or anything, nice fitment...

coby7.jpg

coby10.jpg

coby2.jpg

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member

I love your HRE's im saving to buy the Stern Saleens! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread