does anyone have a AJE K-member

mers1083

Established Member
I just had mine put in the car and the ball joints are very tight. When you turn the wheel and let it go it doesn't straghten out by itself like a normal car does. will the ball joints losen up? does anyone else have this issue?

thanks

mers1083

Established Member
i will have to find out. The car is at mustang magic right now. They did all the alignment stuff.

blue88mustang

Established Member
Be VERY careful with that K-member. I had TERRIBLE luck with the AJE K-member that I installed on my 96 cobra and it nearly caused a serious accident. After I posted my story on the Corral, other people chimed in with their horror stories.

The K-member that I purchased had tons of problems. It caused serious alignment issues, it shifted my engine so far to the right that my headers were touching the frame and the Steering shaft, and the worst problem was when the gussets that the Steering rack bolts to completely snapped off the K-member. This left me with ZERO steering input and almost caused as serious accident.

One person said that if you saw the AJE shop, you would never even think about buying anything from AJE.

mers1083

Established Member
So i just called them and they said that it should get loser as time goes on. I will see how it drives. but i don't want an accident thats for sure!!! I don't need any problems when im doing 130mph down the track.

mers1083

Established Member
I new i should i gone with maximum. Instead like an IDIOT i went with AJE!! these guys need to get there heads out of there asses. It just looked like such a nice quality piece to. someone else i know got one before me and they said it looked really great and all so then i went and ordered mine. well im going to see how this thing is and maybe ill just order one from maximum. well im kinda pissed now! what a waste of $$$

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
mers1083 said:
So i just called them and they said that it should get loser as time goes on. I will see how it drives. but i don't want an accident thats for sure!!! I don't need any problems when im doing 130mph down the track.

That is a pretty lame statement to make. If that were the case, every new car you buy would have that problem. That statement alone would have me ripping that thing off my car and returning it. No way a good ball joint can be that tight. Listen to ShelbyGuy...the ability of the steering wheel to return to center is a function of the caster built into the alignment. Sounds like you don't have near enough.

mers1083

Established Member
i will see how it is when i pickup my car saturday. If it is still messed up ill take it to this alignment shop by my house and then if they can't do it im calling AJE again.

blue88mustang

Established Member
I had to install Maximum Motorsports C/C plates to correct the alignment issues with my AJE K-member. I do have to give them credit for at least refunding what I paid for the K-member (less shipping both directions). However, when I called to let them know about my failure, Anthony replied "I am not surprised, you are the 4th person to have this exact same problem."

After the 2nd failed K-member, they should have contacted their customers to warn them about the possibility of this failure. I was not impressed with their lack of care regarding the safety of their customers. Just my $0.02.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
The more I hear about them and their product, the more I'm convinced I would toss that thing. Who knows what other issues lurk just waiting to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread