Does anyone have any pictures of the Steeda catback?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I know its basically the Borla kit, but it has tips that are 3.5" and 9" long which in my humble opinion looks nicer than the short Borla "intercooled" tips.
steedaexh.jpg

Ive seen some guys posting that they have the catback, and was wondering if anyone had some pics of it.

Also, the catback pictured from their site is a live axle kit. Im guessing it would be oriented pretty much exactly like the Borla 14858 kit for the IRS?

It should be easy enough to find the muffler that would fit the kit and swap out and bolt in either a XS or XR-1 muffler?

Mike Foster

I have the Steeda catback with catted x pipe, PHP filter kit
and am also interested in any info for fitting the Borla XS into the system. PM me if I can answer any questions or if you find
any info on XS fit.
thanks Mike

blnpny

Banned
i run the steeda cat-back , sounds great!
a little loud but sounds mean!!!!!!
i'll try to post some pics tomorrow.
fyi: when my system came in it had borla corp. on the box from sender. check out (my new wheels )under pics and vids you can see the rear.

KeefCobra

Established Member
I have the steeda catback and it does sound good. I have not decided if like the way the tips were contoured to the rear bumper cover. They appear to be oriented wrong. I did call steeda and was informed this is the design. But it does sound wicked at WOT with the cattedX and catback.

Keefcobra
Sonic blue
KN drop in
3.1 pulley
Steeda catted X
Steeda cat back:rollseyes

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
blnpny,

Pics would be MUCH appreciated :)

The standard Borla tips like alright, but they are too short. They also are angled to match the bumper.

Keef,
How loud is it cruising with both the x and the catback? Any drone?

blnpny

Banned
i have off-road bassini X, i love the way it sounds!
the tips are angled and they match the rear to a t.
i had the bassini on my 01 cobra and the tips were also angled.
i will send pics,be patient.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
bln, how do you like the sound compared to the Bassani of your old Cobra?

I had LTs, off road H, and 2 chamber flows on my GT, sounded sweet as hell, but I dont think I wanna go that extreme on the Cobra... at least for now :)

KeefCobra

Established Member
The steeda cattedX and catback are not loud when driving around, but does have a somewhat aggressive growl. All stangs need a good sound. It has a little drone at 1800-2000rpm but not irritating. I would recommend it for the sound, but have not decided if I like the angled tips to match the angle of the rear bumper. Perhaps the Borla website has a picture. At WOT it screams.

Keefcobra

KN dropin
3.1 pulley
Steeda catted X
Steeda catback
:lol:

blnpny

Banned
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
bln, how do you like the sound compared to the Bassani of your old Cobra?

I had LTs, off road H, and 2 chamber flows on my GT, sounded sweet as hell, but I dont think I wanna go that extreme on the Cobra... at least for now :)

the sound is very close.i love the steeda,the use a heavier gauge stainless steel than the bassani. without cats and wot it sounds like a f#cking nascar.(so i've been told) :burnout: :rolling:

forane2001

Established Member
steeda exhaust

:) I have the steeda system (catback and magnaflow catted x) and love it. It does sound like a nascar. Several people have told me the same thing. It sounds great but not the rumble of the 5.0. such is life I guess. I highly recommend it. No engine light problems either. My ford dealer even put it on.

later

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
blnpny - Could you please post a picture showing your whole car.

Users who are viewing this thread