Does anyone have detailed instructions for the afterburner-Efpc??

Crazy03

Established Member
I bought this almost two months ago and I keep looking at the instructions but I dont want to mess anything up. Does anyone have detailed personal instructions from when you installed yours. I really want to put this on and my 2.8 is screaming at me to install but I need this on first. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Thnaks

Joe Lynch

Established Member
I've put an eFPC and MAFterburner Plus on my 99. Same as your '03. You need to get to the plug on the bottom of your PCM computer, disconnect the plug from the computer and then get the plug out where you can get to it a little easier. Take the cover off the plug so you can match up the wires with the pin numbers on the instructions from Zone V. It's easy from there.

Is the part about getting to the wires at the computer plug the part that has you worried. I can find some pictures if that will help, or Mark will see your post and help you out himself.

Joe Lynch

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
The PowerPoint install of the Raptor Shift Light covers a lot of the same territory you are going to see. Look it over. Mark's instructions cover the rest. Some of the particular wires are not included, but you should get the idea.

Oh yeh, one more tip: Pull the passenger seat out first. 4 bolts and it's out. Makes working in that area a lot easier.

CLICK ME: Raptor Shift Light Install

Dana

Crazy03

Established Member
The problem I am having is matching up the wires from the harness given and the PCM. The harness has 7 wires and in the directions I can omly read 4 places two connect them to, so I am curious where the other three go. I was wondering if anyone had instructions to where they went.
Thanks

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Crazy03
The problem I am having is matching up the wires from the harness given and the PCM. The harness has 7 wires and in the directions I can omly read 4 places two connect them to, so I am curious where the other three go. I was wondering if anyone had instructions to where they went.
Thanks

Hi,

I thought that I fixed that. If not, I will tonight....SORRY!

The confusing wire is the violet wire. The violet wire is actually paired with it's own black (ground) wire. This is used on the eFPC STAGE2 products only. When you connect the violet wire to it's black paired wire the unit will run from an alternate tune (i.e. flip chip). This can be done with any SPST switch.

If you have a STAGE1 product, this wire does not exist. The main harness on both units only has 6 wires. They are:

RED - +12Vdc
BLK - PGND
BLU - Coil 1 minus (tachometer)
ORN - TPS signal
GRY - Signal from MAF
WHT - Signal to PCM

The STAGE2 unit has another 2-pin harness with the following connections:

VIO - BANK SELECT INPUT
BLK - BANK SELECT GROUND

Sorry for the confusion.

Best,

MJ

Crazy03

Established Member
I have the stage 2. I will try to hook it up tonight and I'll tell you how it goes. I hope I dont mess anything up.
Can I put it on and just drive the car or do I have to take it straight to the dyno?
Thnaks for your help
Do I have to hook up the violet wire now or can I do it later?

Last edited:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Crazy03
I have the stage 2. I will try to hook it up tonight and I'll tell you how it goes. I hope I dont mess anything up.
Can I put it on and just drive the car or do I have to take it straight to the dyno?
Thnaks for your help
Do I have to hook up the violet wire now or can I do it later?

Hi,

You can hook up the bank select harness later on. You will need to get a SPST switch to use that feature anyway.

You can hook up the unit and as long as you make no tuning changes, you will run your stock tune.

Be careful when you hook up to the FRP sensor on the PCM connector. There are two wires next to one another with the exact same color code (explained in the manual). Double and triple check that you have the correct wire before you cut it. Also, remember that WHITE goes to the PCM side of the splice and GRAY goes to the harness side of the splice.

If you have any questions or concerns, call me.

BTW, I just uploaded the latest revision of the user manual with the fix that I was telling you about. Please get it on the Technical Support section of our website.

MJ

Users who are viewing this thread