Does anyone make a good carcover?

Grimlock

Established Member
I have a car-cover I borrowed from my brother's Saleen and it is ok for dust but doesnt hold back the morning dew here in Houston. Anyone else have this problem? Not sure where to get a good material cover.:??: :shrug:

Matt M PA

Established Member
Funny that this came up now.

I have a Covercraft Weathershield cover for my Cobra. Until a week ago, it was great. It kept the car dry through the snow and rain.

I called Covercraft and asked about washing this cover as it was probably due. They explained how to wash it...and I followed the instructions to the "T".

Tuesday night it was going to rain so I covered the car with it's newly cleaned cover. The car was wet the next morning.

I called Covercraft and was given further instructions. It was explained to me that the heat of the drier is what rejuvinates the material and that I should dry it longer.

I spent entirely too much time last night re-washing and drying the cover. This time, the whole cover was nice and warm when removed. Heck, it must have spent 45 minutes in the drier. I even removed it a few times to make sure each area was getting some warmth.

I placed it on the car last night and gently sprayed it with the hose. Still leaks. I may as well use toilet paper as a cover.

The store where I bought it is looking into what we should do next. Covercraft wants me to sent it to them (on my dime) and then they will review it. The store is run by friends and they say that it will get worked out and not to worry.

I guess my advice would be to get a Weathershield...but don;t wash it.

Don03cobra

Established Member
sorry for being somewhat off topic, but I want a car cover that is a murial of a chevey chevvete or something like that. If you have seen that comercial, it is funny as he!!
I really would like to buy a car cover for my 03 cobra vert that made it look like a yugo, or a chevvet, pacer.. or any turd really.
any ideas????

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I got my car cover from www.calcarcover.com They have a bunch of different materials and they are very nice quality. I bought the plush weave and it is VERY soft and i believe you can use it outdoors as well. Here are a few pics

bumperoff.JPG

covered2.JPG

And if you are asking why my bumper is off. Im waiting for my new HE to come in

Dave

Cobrasized

Proud MCT Member
Established Member
That's an '82 Chevy Citation mural. I'd love to get the same thing. Anyone ever see one like that?

Matt M PA

Established Member
Plushweave is NOT for outside use. It's like the inside covers I have for the Viper and Scamp. It's a cotton cover with a flannel like "napping".

Bear in mind that California Car Cover sells Covercraft covers...shop around..everyone sells the same covers.

For outside, WeatherGuard (CCCC product name Superweave) is a Nextec that sheds water like crazy and is very light. It is made of Nextec which is what is used on ski jackets and the like.

Another good fabric is Technalon, Evolution (CCCC name Stormweave). It's thicker and a bit less water repellent than the WeatherGuard.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
I got the one from FordCollection.com with the Cobra embroidered on the front. I am very pleased with it, BUT I only use it in the Winter when I store my car.

Grimlock

Established Member
I appreciate all the info. There are a lot of products out there I had no idea of.

Originally posted by BDC_CBRA02
I got the one from FordCollection.com with the Cobra embroidered on the front. I am very pleased with it, BUT I only use it in the Winter when I store my car.
Does it rpel water as well. That is the main concern as I have no garage space.

sam

Established Member
you must treat any car cover with a product such as 3m water repellant for true treatment. this stuff is in spray cans, maybe homedepot or a hardware store handles this. my solution since i use my car everyday has been eagle one wax as you dry. this stuff is great! one time i had bird dew on my car for two weeks before i could wash it. the day before i was going to wash it, it rained and all the bird dew that was on it for two weeks out in the sun just washed right off with the rain. i haved never used anything but wax as you dry since i've owned this car. when i wash the car and use this as well as black magic for the tire's, people always think i used a detail shop to clean the car.

2THDOC

Established Member
I got a Noah car cover from big sky car covers in Montanna. Very nice people to deal with and good pricing. Fits very well.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Originally posted by Grimlock
I appreciate all the info. There are a lot of products out there I had no idea of.

Does it rpel water as well. That is the main concern as I have no garage space.

Not sure...never tested it. Sorry

Users who are viewing this thread