Does anyone on this site actually want to sell there cobra???

bad93svt

Established Member
I am in the market for an 03 cobra. Prefer silver 10th anniversary coupe or 04 competition orange.

I have seen several cars on this site.. but the 26plus asking price seems rediculous..

Does anyone have a car that isn't beat to death & want to sell it for around retail value.. not retail plus 5,000?

Jefff

[email protected]

ddtcm

Dan
Established Member
Wow that's not a good pitch to get someone to sell you a rare piece of mustang history not to mention the mods people spend their time and money on. If you want a Cobra for book value I would suggest you go to a dealer and haggle with a salesman about buying for book value instead of coming on here and telling people what they should be selling their pride and joy for.

bad93svt

Established Member
:pop:so I take it neither of you want to sell your cars..

I just sold a 93 cobra I had 50k in for 14k. so forget your time & upgraded parts. you get a nickel on the dollar.. period.

I am just looking to buy a car for what they are worth given the market & the economy.

So once again,
if anyone is wanting to sell there car & not just have a post on here.
let me know what ya got.
Jeff

EVO-lution

Established Member
hey everyone may bash ya but I feel you cut straight to the point and aren't trying to beat around the bush.:thumbsup:. I own a rare piece of history too. a 2003 Mach 1...but guess what, my car aint worth dick on the open market. so kost people that say the cobra is a rare piece why not say the same about mach 1's.

Sorry to flood your thread bro....Good luck with the search, I'm also looking for one :)

EBBS_03_Cobra

Never satisfied
Established Member
I'm serious about selling my car, but every time someone tells me an offer (that I accept) they back out. So, is anyone serious about buying a car on this site, or just talking numbers?

ddtcm

Dan
Established Member
Is 23k for a 20k mile terminator to much? You can find many like that on here. I totally understand you dont get back what you put it.There is a 12k mile cobra on here now in the range of 20/23k.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I think mine is pretty nice, and it has never seen the track, it has a lot of nice mods and is low mileage for its an 03 although it is my dd
however, most that have this car with mods don't have to sell,
but I have all that you seek :thumbsup:

Last edited:

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
man prices have jumped on these cars in the last few months. not 5 months ago could you get much over 22 for a highly modded big hp cobra now people want that book plus 5-10,000 over value. what the hell happened? just speaking from experiance when i sold mine.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
LOL @ people always bitching about prices and these cars. If you are in the market for this specific type of car, you should know what the going prices are. If you have a problem with it (I assume you do with your post) then go buy a Mach 1 or GT.

You don't go into a store and tell the owners what they should be selling their products for. So why the hell would you do that here?

If they are going for X amount, they are going for X amount. Period. It's not the owners fault for having the price where it is. It's whatever the buyer wants to pay.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I get a hair up my ass every so often and want to sell mine and get a Z06 or a viper, then I realize how bad ass my car really is :shrug: and it being paid off is a big factor. I can afford a healthy payment if I wanted, I just don't really want a new payment bad enough to do it. I the right deal comes along and/or the right buyer for my car I will take the plunge. :-D

tonys87

Established Member
my two cents

im also in the market for a cobra.. i agree they are sought after cars, thats why i want one but like the OP says,some cars are over priced for the current market and economy. and you can tell by the ads that keep getting bumped with no sale.. and as far as blue book goes.. my 87 grand national books at over 30K and if i really wanna sale it i would be lucky to get 20K, because of the market.. so why bother with a for sale ad.. ill just keep her! and like my situation,i have cash at hand looking for a deal on a clean,low mile car. so ill keep looking for the right ad for me. with that being said i also respect over priced ads and keep my opinion to myself! and just keep looking!

InKogNigRow

Established Member
LOL 100% the people that want to sell there car's put them on craigslist.. the Dreamers put them on here because they think they are rare Gems.

My Cousin Bought a 03 Cobra Convertible with 6,000 miles mint for $20,000 out the door.
My other Buddie Bought a Whippled w/supporting mods Zinc Yellow Coupe for $17,000 the next week.. both look as good as when they rolled off the show room..

ignace2010022.jpg

ignace2010028-1.jpg

Deftones

Established Member
Man I have struck out twice in the sale department in the last 4 days. The 1st comes and looks and says it a super clean and very nice ride and he wants it. We agree on a price and everything and bam turns around and buys a SB 03. Yesterday a guy comes over and I take him for a ride and even let him cruise it. He is sold and wants it. He tells me I am pre approved already and have the loan just meet me at the bank. I get there give the bank lady the title she runs numbers and then I wait in the lobby for dam near 2 hours only to have the guy come out and say awe man I am sorry but they only approved me for $5k less than the price we agreed on and I was like WTF? Wasted my family's and my time! I was so freaking pissed luicky for that kid I am a mellow and nice guy. I even drove 40 miles to meet him halfway at his bank. So I am not a BS seller, and my price is far and I have Title in hand. Just the MF's cant come through!

Last edited:

bad93svt

Established Member
ok,, I am changing my add to say..

if you want to sell your car..

email me pics/final price & any prevalent info..

[email protected]

thanks to all the people who agree.

shauncurt

Established Member
Have faith and be patient. I found a few moded cobras for under $20k with around 50k miles. I had to pay more for Kb with low miles (17k). You have to stay on top of it every day, the good deals go really fast! Good luck

arbockcalb30

Black 03 Cobra For Sale
Established Member
I'm serious about selling my 03 Cobra. All i want is bluebook which is 20k. Hell it has almost 10k in mods. The reason for this is because I'm in a tight spot and need the money, otherwise 20k wouldnt touch it.

MightEIntegra

Established Member
LOL @ people always bitching about prices and these cars. If you are in the market for this specific type of car, you should know what the going prices are. If you have a problem with it (I assume you do with your post) then go buy a Mach 1 or GT.

You don't go into a store and tell the owners what they should be selling their products for. So why the hell would you do that here?

If they are going for X amount, they are going for X amount. Period. It's not the owners fault for having the price where it is. It's whatever the buyer wants to pay.

Do you truly know what they "go" for? Asking prices on a specialty forum are one thing. I just think it's funny to see sellers bumping threads that are several months old.

Users who are viewing this thread