does anyone put tires on their own car?

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
ive noticed you can buy tires by themself online, do you have to have them professionally installed, or can you do it yourself? Any inputs greatly appreciated... Thanks!
Cody

darkpony02

What flashing lights?
Established Member
If you have not done this before I would take them to a shop. The reason being that breaking the tire bead with a hammer (dont know the exact name) can damage your rims. Its easy on steel rims and small equipment, but aluminium is risky.When you figure how many times you are going to do this, its probably cheaper to have it done than invest in every tool you'll need.

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
UH, I do tires all day, it's my job, the one guy said he had spoons, I mostly use spoons on tires that are on MACK, PeterBuilt, etc trucks, like 11R22.5 tires. I use a tire machine for regular cars/light trucks. I would not suggest breaking out the spoon bars on any custom rims. I've used them on car tires before but they were shitty rims. For the headache and strain it might cause trying to do it yourself, it's worth paying the 10-15 bucks to have someone with a tire machine do it.Plus you gotta get them balanced anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread