Does ford make an in dash 6 disc mp3 player for the Cobra?

Shanezam203

Established Member
I'm just curious, I like the factory 6 disc changer, but I've been using my ipod a lot more hooked up to the aux. It works fine, I'm just wondering if ford makes any mp3 playing units for the Cobra.

I know the Ranger has a single disc mp3 player, is there a 6 disc, and will either fi in the Cobra?
Thanks, Shane

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
yes it was an option i believe the mach 1000 system?? :shrug: someone correct me if im wrong i think it even says it in the owners manual.

Nick

Shanezam203

Established Member
In the owners manual it shows the 3 radios. The mach 460, the mach1000 and the mach mp3. I don't see anything about the mach1000 playing mp3's. Anyone know?
If not, can I upgrade to the machMp3? Is that only a single disc?

jpk

Established Member
Is your Mach460 the basic stock Cobra radio with 6-disc CD changer? If so, that's an awesome find!

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
Tbe basic stock Cobra Mach460 does NOT play MP3's. If you think it does, go count the "mp3's" on the disc. If there isn't about 125-150 songs on a single disc, then all you've done is created a "music" disc. Those aren't MP3's. To create an MP3 disc, you have to burn it as a "data" disc. Those will NOT play in a Mach460. They will play in the MachMP3, but I believe this is only a single disc player.

Shanezam203

Established Member
Yeah it looks like the machMp3 is only a single disc like the one I saw in a Ranger. That's fine, single disc mp3 is fine.
Will that slide and plug right into my 03' Cobra?

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
No, the Mach 1000 does not play MP3's. The only head unit Ford made that plays MP3's was a single disc unit. If you want to hook up your iPod to the 6-disc Mach 460, go buy the adapter made by these guys: http://www.pie.net/

U.M.

Shanezam203

Established Member
I have the pie aux converter and I play my ipod through the aux of the factory unit, I'm just wishing I had an mp3 head unit somedays. No biggie. If it were 6 disc, mp3 I may upgrade, but otherwise I don't see the need. A 6 disc changer may be better that a single playing mp3 unit to some...

Shanezam203

Established Member
The single disc machMp3, does anyone know if that has cd text on it?
With 100+ songs, it'd be hard to remember where songs are...

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Shanezam203 said:
The single disc machMp3, does anyone know if that has cd text on it?
With 100+ songs, it'd be hard to remember where songs are...
Yes but it's very poor... it won't scroll through long song titles completely. You only get like the first 12 characters or something.

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread