Does Ford/SVT keep records of owners and their model/build # ??

Wildpony

Established Member
Just wondering if Ford/SVT keeps their registry or at least of the original owners and what year/production build #number their car is ?

I kinda would like to know who the people were that have a lower build number than me in 1998. I just wondered if the 1st few were not kept in house or bought by the execs - guys "just not off the street"..

It was ordered just outside of Dearborn minutes after the 1st day of the opening of the order bank for the '98 model run..

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
Someone on this site had an e-mail address of a guy at Ford that sent me a copy of my SVT Certificate of Authenticity and also the dealer invoice. The same guy told me he could reproduce the original window sticker but my 1997 was too old and he did not have it on file for some reason

Hopefully, someone will chime in with the info

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
when you get the car, and fax proof of ownership ford puts it in file that you own the car. that way they have the up dated address for recalls and what not. now i dont tknow if they will hand over a list of owners to you... maybe the dmv can. but if you have your svt certificate that was mailed to you... then they have you as the owner of that car. call 1-800-ford-svt or 800-svt-ford (cant remember) and they can help you out.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I think you'll be wasting your time, in most cases.

When I first bought my '95 (I already had the SVT Certificate with my name on it), I tried to get the previous & original owners names, but they said they only had the name of the dealer that the Cobra originally went to. I got that.

I also tried the DMV for the state it came from before I bought it, and they would not even research the info, let alone give it to me.

I called the car dealer that originally sold the Cobra, and only got a name. I tried and tried to track the person down, but never did find her.

You can get the build number & date over the phone, by calling Ford SVT.

Last edited:

Wildpony

Established Member
I wanted to mainly know if the 1st 8 owners were some private individual or maybe kept back at Ford for execs to drive or tester cars that were never put on the street/titled..
I figured they were all made on the 1st day or so of JOB 1

Users who are viewing this thread