Does it come in 2 wheel drive?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Well, the car from the you guys are gonna hate the throttle by wire thread showed up at a local dealership where another friend of mine works.

my friend said:
Interior=Mustang GT with Cobra sewn into the seat and a 6 speed knob
Wheels=Boring. Needs a Chrome option
Stance=Is this a 4x4?

Pretty frank statements but may ruffle some of the more feverish Shelby Zealots, I apologize in advance.

Actually the cobra on the seats is not sewn in, it is "impressed in" or molded in somehow. Also a lot bigger than the detail on the 03-04 seats.

For all intents and purposes this is what you guys are gonna see on the lots in a few weeks.

I think it looks pretty damn good.

IMH7.gif

IMG_2846.gif

IMG_2843.gif

IMG_2839.gif

IMG_2841.gif

IMG_2842.gif

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just can't get over how plain it looks. It just doesn't look right. It has a very aggressive front end, but the rest of it sucks, and the rocker panels are just a joke. It is almost like they had a guy start designing the front, then he got sick and another guy took over from there. The vert is especially boring. Flame me if you want, but I am entitled to my opinion.

-Jeff

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
I wonder if those wheels will fit on our cars?

I think I agree with your statement. It is missing the fake rear scoop in front of the wheel. Also I am hating the side stripes. Ford just ruined that with all those secretary specials getting those.

The front of it is just awesome, the sides and back make me sleepy :sleeping:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am really looking for Ford GT wheels that will fit. I have seen a few guys with them, and they look a lot better than their close cousin FR500 wheels.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I would opt out for the stripes anyhow, and have the dealership deliver it directly to my body man and have them painted on right. I would also add the Cervini's full body kit except for the front end at that time. Hell, if the front bumper cover will fit I may have them throw that on as well. Do the whole GT500E motif, but leave the OEM grill in place.

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
I have to agree with HISSMAN. The front is aggressive as hell and really gives the car a menacing stance. The sides do leave alot to be disired. Its almost like the Shelby designers are the same ones that designed the GTO (stretched out Cavalier)....great looking from the front, but plain as hell when viewed from the side.

I'm thinking that a new set of wheels and a bit lowered stance will greatly enhance its visual appeal from the sides.

G. El Dorado

Established Member
When I get mine I'm having the rockers painted and a Saleen (PJ if avail) rear fascia installed before I even take it home. Also if it's possible I want to put 03 Cobra mirrors on it.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
91 trunk said:
I've been here for awhile. I pop in read and leave. I don't have an SVT, so I try to keep to myself ;-)

Any of you guys want a cool car salesman that will not bullshit you give Matt a chance. Hooked me up with my 06 S-crew F150

jshen

Established Member
The car looks does nothing for me...bland look at 45+K? I did not see a crowd around that car in the pics...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I just can't get over how plain it looks. It just doesn't look right. It has a very aggressive front end, but the rest of it sucks, and the rocker panels are just a joke. It is almost like they had a guy start designing the front, then he got sick and another guy took over from there. The vert is especially boring. Flame me if you want, but I am entitled to my opinion.

-Jeff

i agree with you. i like the front end but everything else looks like the mustang gt. ford gets a c- for the shelby design. they do get an a- for power plant. the alluminum block and twin screw is all that is missing for a top grade.

however the new z06 is sweet. from a far it does not look that different from the c6, but up close you see the new front end, the monster brakes, the rear brake air duct, the extra wide tail to hide those monster wheels and tires. once again gm outdoes ford.

Bower

Established Member
I think it's a bit plain looking because of the color. White doesn't do this car (or any '05+ Mustang) justice. Some cars just look better (or worse) with certain colors.

But I do agree that Ford someday, somehow, must get rid of the 4x4 look (along with some REAL gauges!). I really like the BMW 3-series for the way the tire fits into the wheel wells - it's tight. (And I'll bet their gauges work, too!).

No reason for owners to have to modify to fix things that are wrong - mods are supposed to make things better. Overall, I really was hoping for more from the '05+, especially the Cobra. But we'll see.

-Dave
'01 Cobra coupe

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I Wish They Would Have Put Yhe Shelby Lettering All The Way Across The Back Like The Gt350-h Hertz Cars Isaw On Saturday Looks So Much Better.

Users who are viewing this thread