Does police RADAR lock onto your ignition?

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I read on another board that police radar can lock onto the ignition signature and can also detect braking due to newer vehicles' electronics. Is there any truth in this? How does it work, if so? Educate me.

Jockcobra

Powered by BOOST
Established Member
I read on another board that police radar can lock onto the ignition signature and can also detect braking due to newer vehicles' electronics. Is there any truth in this? How does it work, if so? Educate me.

:read: Im gonna get back to you on this question:??: No, im not...... im gonna wait here just like you for someone to come up with the answer to this very good question:beer:

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
no. we currently use the genesis 2 and stalkers and they dont lock on to shit. and to my knowledge there is no radar that locks on to anything

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Reason I ask is that there's a member on another board that I frequent that is claiming to have law enforcement experience and he's making this assertion. I asked him for a link to a source to verify what he's saying, but he is stating his "first hand knowledge" as proof enough. It has my curiousity up a bit if he's just a BS'er or has some sort of inside scoop. Its sounds a bit too high-tech for police radar.

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
yea, the only thing that we can lock is ur speed. and thats if we hit the button. anything else i would think wed have to use a radar dish

Users who are viewing this thread