Does that thing have a supercharger?!?!?

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
So, I'm on the phone, calling Pablo today, while sitting at a stop light. For my normal driving pattern, when at a stop light, I almost always get out fast and get up to speed when the light turns green. This day is no different.

Sitting next to me is a car (I wasn't really paying attention to him) who kept easing forward, anticipating the green. I subsequently learned it was a new Acura 3.2L TL.

So Pablo's voicemail kicks in at about the same time the light turns green. I push down on the go-pedal and start to leave a message for Pablo.

I didn't really jump on it, but I did get out pretty quick. I guess the guy next to me didn't like that so he gassed it hard and started to pull even with me, even though I was still accelerating pretty aggressively. I floored it, but by the time I reacted to his move, he had edged just a tad ahead of me

When I floored it, my tires spun. I looked in my rearview mirror and saw a really sweet hazing of smoke, so I feathered the pedal and got as much traction as possible on my no-tread-left tires (I have a set of four new ones going on tomorrow, just in time for the autocross this Sunday).

I reeled the guy in, passed him, and put a length on him before you could say Jack Robinson.

I let off pretty quickly, once I was sure he knew I was walking him.

At the next light I gave him the two-finger peace sign and he was like, "Oh man, that thing has a supercharger?" I responded, "Bro, it's a Lightning...they come that way!"

Then I said to him, "Think how bad it would have been if I had traction!"

His response was, "Dude, I'm afraid of Fords now!"

LMAO! The guy was very cool. He just wasn't familiar with the L!

He is now!

:D :D :D

Stewart

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
You should have told him it had a turbo... With a BOV and a shit ton of NAWS.

A guy I work with swore up and down that L's come from the factory with a turbo-- I kindly told him he was WRONG.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Yeah, don't get me wrong guys, I know the Acura wasn't a match or any great achievment, but his last statement to me made me laugh, and that's why I had to share with you guys!

Stewart

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Speaking of statements that make you lol, some older dude at the target range today told me my dirty azz truck was the best looking ford he has ever seen.... He was driving a Solara (I withheld any further comments).

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
themadgnome said:
You should have told him it had a turbo... With a BOV and a shit ton of NAWS.

Nah, he wasn't one of those kind of guys. He just wasn't familiar with the L. No biggie.

He was a good guy, laughing and having fun from the whole experience. He didn't get butthurt or anything. Definitely not a ricer kind of guy...even though he was asian! Then again, so am I. I'm just half asian!

Stewart

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
good story, most "asians" i kno are so die hard about their stereotype expectancies, that they go uhhhhh its a POS ford, they suck,hondas and nissans are fast, ure slow, i have VTEC yo!!!

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
I love it when people ask me if it's supercharged. :) I always tell them that it comes that way from the factory but mine isnt anymore :burnout:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
svtpwd831 said:
haha i just heard the message you just hear stewart stomp on it

"Yo, Pab, this is Stewart bro. I justWHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE, WHUH-UH-WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE....RRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Yo, Pablo, sorry man, just had a quick jump-on-it to put an Acura down. Call me when you get this message."

IIRC, it was something like that, yes?

LMAO!

Stewart

soniclightning

Established Member
Stewart_H said:
"Yo, Pab, this is Stewart bro. I justWHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE, WHUH-UH-WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE....RRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Yo, Pablo, sorry man, just had a quick jump-on-it to put an Acura down. Call me when you get this message."

IIRC, it was something like that, yes?

LMAO!

Stewart
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread