Does the dipstick tube run through the manifold?

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
I am having a bitch of a time putting the new dipstick tube in the car. I went from longtubes to the stock manifolds and a new dipstick tube was required.

Also, if someone could cross refrence this number for me: xr3z*6754*ba

I hope that is the right part number... :pop:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
CobraGuy99 said:
Also, if someone could cross refrence this number for me: xr3z*6754*ba

I hope that is the right part number... :pop:

In the Ford Mustang Service Manual, the part number shown for the dipstick is 6754. So you've got the right number, and I think that's all you should need to get the dipstick.
Taken from 1999 Mustang Ford Workshop Manual
Pg. 303-01C-13

Hope this helps, 2881

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
I appreciate it fellas. Glad I had the right part number, fortunately they are cheap as hell. I couldn't get the bitch in there at all. I believe it does go through the 2nd and 3rd port area. It is the only way I could see it fitting. Either that, or the one I was sent was not bent correctly from the beginning. Any thoughts???

Thanks 2881.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Ohhhh damn I thought you were talking about the intake manifold. You are talking about the exhaust manifold. Oh hell, sorry. But the stock exhaust manifold is a bar type so I don't know if it would have room to go between the runners...I doubt it.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Ohhhh damn I thought you were talking about the intake manifold. You are talking about the exhaust manifold. Oh hell, sorry. But the stock exhaust manifold is a bar type so I don't know if it would have room to go between the runners...I doubt it.

Ok, I am going to say this as tactfully as I can: The stock manifolds are not a "bar type."

There is a hole that is just big enough with a little wiggle room for the dipstick tube. When I bought this car, it didn't have the stock manifolds. It had JBA Shittys on it so I had no point of refrence when it came to installing the dipstick tube. It looks like I will have to redo all the work I did 3 weeks ago and take off that driver's side manifold and install it first. Damnit!
:cuss:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
From what I remember the stock exhaust manifolds were a bar type. They sure as hell wern't tubular!

Users who are viewing this thread