Does the heat exchanger coolant pump have 12V when key is off?

msouhlas

Established Member
I am installing the AFCO 80280PRO and want to add a manual trigger switch with a time delay relay to run the fans and water pump for cool down, and have it shut off at a preset interval. Does anyone know if the coolant pump has constant 12V? or will I need to also provide that to the pump to run the pump on my timer?

Mark

Jon82387

Established Member
Not 100% on the Shelby platform... But my lightning does not. I ended up wiring in a switch that jumps the intercooler pump relay when the key is on.

msouhlas

Established Member
Thanks.. will just use a 12v relay with N.O and N.C contacts and have the NC inserted into the factory power source lead. Then pipe my own constant power lead to the N.O contact. Then trigger this relay along with the pump and fans trigger using the timed relay. This way, when I press the button, the pump and fans will run for 3-5 minutes whether or not the key is on. I can press the button and walk away...thinking while at the track, etc...

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
No, the coolant pump does not have a constant 12V source. I ran a manual 12V trigger switch lead from the center console to my heat exchanger fan relays and spliced into the positive (white) wire on the pump, which also triggers the fan relays automatically when commanded by the PCM as programmed in the tune. The timer sounds cool but is overkill for my application.

Users who are viewing this thread