does the hellion kit include a MAF sensor?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey, does the hellion kit come with a new MAF sensor? I was reading an issue of MM&FF and they said the stock sensor was maxed out and kept pegging. And then they said something about a pro-M wave one being used instead. Does the kit come with that or do you need to buy that separately?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Included with the kit, probably not. The stock MAF sensor "should" be able to handle a base kit. It's when you start turning up the wick that you run in to pegging issues. At that point you have to start looking at larger sensors or things like MAFia's that fool the computer in some way or another.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
A New MAF sensor is $475 minus $75 if you send in your core.. so they are not cheap. I hope the MAF doesnt peg. It probably won't with ~6psi of boost, but id rather be safe than sorry.

How much horsepower (Estimated) is the stock MAF sensor good for?

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
We have never maxed out the stock MAF sensor on the 5.0's, and we don't exactly make small power either.......

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
We have never maxed out the stock MAF sensor on the 5.0's, and we don't exactly make small power either.......

Thank God. I didnt want to buy another sensor for $400. I wonder why MM&FF said they pegged the stock sensor then? :shrug:

afro

Why?
Established Member
Thank God. I didnt want to buy another sensor for $400. I wonder why MM&FF said they pegged the stock sensor then? :shrug:

good question! Maybe they were plugging this M-wave MAF for profit. If so -- shame. How much power was MM&FF making?

-fro

Last edited:

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
No clue on that guys. We made 815 to the wheels on Chris Cruz's 11 5.0 in the KOTS competition running 9.70's on 20's, went 8.89 in our Kona Blue 5.0 last year, made 783 on the KB and 834 with a F1 on 2 different Bosses, all with the stock MAF sensors.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
All the turbo 2011's we have done all have used the stock sensor. Even our 953rwhp KOTS car is running the stock one.

No need to worry sir!

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
good question! Maybe they were plugging this M-wave MAF for profit. If so -- shame. How much power was MM&FF making?

-fro

MM&FF made 550rwhp and around 600 rwtrq when they did the testing. They said the stock maf sensor got pegged so they installed the Pro-M.

I dont know why they would say that then?, when both Evo and BBR plus many others have used the stock sensor for very high hp applications

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
MM&FF made 550rwhp and around 600 rwtrq when they did the testing. They said the stock maf sensor got pegged so they installed the Pro-M.

I dont know why they would say that then?, when both Evo and BBR plus many others have used the stock sensor for very high hp applications

Satisfying an advertiser perhaps?

afro

Why?
Established Member
Satisfying an advertiser perhaps?

Ya that's what I'd guess and if so, it's kinda sad. Instead of real reporting we get basically an advertisement. I guess the new 5.0 is just so awesome and mod-ready they have to make stuff up to sell products now lolz

-fro

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
buy one of those Pro-M maf's and see what she does on the dyno. I'm going to try my luck with the stock sensor once i put the hellion kit on my car.

How much power are you putting down at 10-11 psi?

Users who are viewing this thread