Does the TVS run hot?

BearLy Legal

1993 #4118 & 2000 #4404
Established Member
Like it says. I did a swap with a TVS and my tuner said the blower runs hotter then others. Did any of you guys notice this or know if it is normal?

mullens

Established Member
First I've heard of this. The TVS is much more efficient than the stock blower so I can't see why it would run hotter. Where's he getting his info from?

91svtbird

Established Member
Like it says. I did a swap with a TVS and my tuner said the blower runs hotter then others. Did any of you guys notice this or know if it is normal?

The short answer is no the TVS itself doesn't run hotter than others.

However you must look at the complete picture.
The 13-14 GT500's are the only Mustangs that come factory equipped with the larger Eaton 2.3 TVS supercharger. As such they flow more air than their predecessors (07-12 Eaton M122). Because of this they make more boost also.(14-15lbs as opposed to 9-10lbs) This is why Ford upgraded the inter-cooling system in the 13-14's with a larger heat exchanger, inter-cooler core and larger pump capacity.
If you simply bolt on a larger supercharger and increase airflow and boost without addressing the cooling system then yes it will create more heat that will need to be addressed.

NOTE: In addition to that if you over spin any blower it will also run hotter compared to what it would if run within the efficiency window of it's compressor map.

Users who are viewing this thread