Does This Happen To Just Me?

UARPREY

Established Member
Since I've owned my Cobra, I've noticed that EVERY time I wash it, an excessive amount of crap comes out from under the spoiler and tail lights.. Even though I will spend 10 minutes alone just rinsing what I can out from the spoiler and tail light areas..And then later when you go for a ride, you get out and look, and there's shit ALL over the back of the car, like every bit of it came out from under the spoiler and or tail lights..

Do I need to just pull the tail lights out and clean really good back there, and take the spoiler off the decklid and clean it too? Maybe find a way to seal those areas so all this stuff can't get there?

UARPREY

Established Member
My apologies for the wrong section, i saw how-to, and i figured great, how-to stop this bullshit because it's annoying me lol

So what did you do to fix this Ironsnake?

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I snatched all the trim and exterior parts off that were easily removed. 409 under neath them, clay bar then wax. Should keep it at bay this go round.

UARPREY

Established Member
I'm gonna give that a go with the spoiler and tail lights, cause that's where all the junk is going and coming from, you can go to the car wash with the pressure washer, and spray the backside of the spoiler where it meets the trunk, and just watch all the dirt and dust gush out and run down the tail lights and bumper..

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Get yourself a Master Blaster and eliminate the problems when you wash any vehicle....and no more swirls marks from drying it!

Anabolic

Banned
compressed air, get a 100psi air compressor with blow gun attachment. Love mine for this or water from hood vents in engine compartment.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I use a compressor with a air blow fitting. It blows the water out of all the cracks and it doesnt leak water after you dry it off for hours.

Users who are viewing this thread