Does this plug look good?

go2cdmb

Established Member
Does this plug look good? These are coming out. The guy I got the car from had ZEX 82071's in there... Is that ok or not too?

Thanks!!

IMG_4599.gif

IMG_4600.gif

IMG_4601.gif

Thank You fellas

evolve

Established Member
looks fine. get yourself some NGK TR6s. If you have a pulley- gap to .33-.34 if not, then .38-.40

Last edited:

02reaper

Established Member
Looking at the insulator in the first pick, It appears that the engine is detonating. Pepper on the insulator is a dead giveaway. Other than that, it looks like your fueling is ok.

95PGTTech

Established Member
It's really hard to tell with the motor cycled like that and that much age on the plugs - the best way is to install the plugs, make a pass, shut the motor off, tow the car back and pull them.

bradlewis30

Established Member
bradlewis30
[/URL][/IMG]

bradlewis30
[/URL][/IMG]

(It's really hard to tell with the motor cycled like that and that much age on the plugs)

(get yourself some NGK TR6s)

+2

do you know how many miles are on them? heres a pics of my TR6 with about 1500 miles on them and some of those miles i was running lean its the second one. also(first pic) a pic of TR6 from my lightning KB 2.2 15psi with octane booster and some 104 race gas over about 3000 + miles run on them. I would change them more but it is a pain the ***** to change.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Hard to say, but get some different plugs. Those have a lot of surface area to conduct heat, thus increasing your chances of detonation. Plugs with multiple ground straps are gimmicky at best, and are just a poor choice for any forced induction car.

-Jeff

jumperjack

Established Member
hard to say, but get some different plugs. Those have a lot of surface area to conduct heat, thus increasing your chances of detonation. Plugs with multiple ground straps are gimmicky at best, and are just a poor choice for any forced induction car.

-jeff
+1

go2cdmb

Established Member
bradlewis30
[/URL][/IMG]

bradlewis30
[/URL][/IMG]

(It's really hard to tell with the motor cycled like that and that much age on the plugs)

(get yourself some NGK TR6s)

+2

do you know how many miles are on them? heres a pics of my TR6 with about 1500 miles on them and some of those miles i was running lean its the second one. also(first pic) a pic of TR6 from my lightning KB 2.2 15psi with octane booster and some 104 race gas over about 3000 + miles run on them. I would change them more but it is a pain the ***** to change.

Damn, Yeah, I'm not sure, he had no clue :shrug: O well, that's why I'm changin them, the oil, the blower oil, and the fuel filter. Thanks man

go2cdmb

Established Member
Hard to say, but get some different plugs. Those have a lot of surface area to conduct heat, thus increasing your chances of detonation. Plugs with multiple ground straps are gimmicky at best, and are just a poor choice for any forced induction car.

-Jeff

Thanks man,

Thanks all.

go2cdmb

Established Member
So it looks like I have the 8 lb./3.20 ---- 15.6 boost

It dynoed to 502/477 up in Colorado with these pullies, Steeda Cold Air Intake, Steeda Throttle and air inlet ported/polished, Magnaflow catback w/ MAC pro Chamber High Flow cats, Ported/polished stig eaton, moto blue heat exchanger, and I was told it's on a custom diablo predator custom tune, not the pully tune.

Please set me straight. Should I use the tr6 or tr7ix's and what gap, 32?

Thanks for your time guys.

Users who are viewing this thread