Does this sound like it wouldn't be worth it?

Pushrodsnake

Back in Black
Established Member
I'm looking to build a 347 for the Cobra this summer, and since I have no smog pump and will by then have no A/C compressor as well, I was wanting to go with an aftermarket accessory bracket kit to clean things up since I won't be using a lot of the factory spots on the brackets anyway.

I have been eyeing this March kit. Only problem is that it's designed for the earlier Ford power steering pumps, so I would need the power steering bracket from this kit. Another thing is that the first kit costs almost $600 from Summit. Does this just seem like too much to you? I think the overall look I would get would be great, it's just the price tag that's giving me pause.

:shrug:

wheelhopper

Established Member
That is a lot of money to spend to just get rid of a couple of pulleys. I think if it was me I would just purchase an A/C and smog pump eliminator kit for $150, or less, and continue using the serpentine belt.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Their kits look great. I wanted one in my old 5.0 but gave up on the car prior to getting around to it. Their pricey but definately top notch. Always surprised me they did not do anything with the 03/04's being they are in the pulley business.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Get the Maximum Motorsports kit. They have one that moves your P/S pump up to where your AC compressor used to be. Supposedly helps with fluid flow to the pump, and it's probably cheaper than that kit is anyway.

Pushrodsnake

Back in Black
Established Member
I didn't know Maximum Motorsports made a pulley kit for 5.0s. I checked their website but couldn't find anything. :shrug:

I was also looking at this kit. A bit cheaper and would be more of a direct replacement than the first kit I mentioned.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Doesn't look like they have it anymore. Now they have some power steering kit that costs 700 dollars...oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread