Does tunes for Methanol Injection?

RIPCHVY

Established Member
Like the title says him looking to get my car tuned with meth injection. Which tuner is the best for meth? Thanks a lot.

jn2

Established Member
Meth would just lower your IAT's. We have factory widebands so STFT will handle the alcohol introduced if you are spraying a high % of meth.

The issue with tuning for it comes from calibrating your MAF. It will say x amount of air is coming in so it needs enough fuel for it. If you spray meth(post MAF) then it will run richer than it should while its spraying. STFT will accommodate for it with out a tune. If you calibrate the MAF for the alcohol to try and keep LTFT and STFT close to zero than you will run lean when not spraying and the fuel trims will go positive now instead of negative.

The factory ECM also has tables for adding spark advance when there is no knock detected. I would just increase those to +8 so the ECM will handle adding timing up to 8 degrees of advance when no knock is detected.

Healthforhazard

Established Member
Outside the above is there any other problems assciatioed with running meth or water injection on a TVS coyote. I am trying to combat high IAT2 during summer florida driving. Cruising is ok but I am in stop and go 90% of the time and see 130+ IAT and 150-160 IAT2.

noldevin

Established Member
High intake temps shouldn't really hurt you when you're just putting along in traffic. Your car will pull timing as the temp rises and add it back in when you get moving and the temp drops.

jn2

Established Member
Outside the above is there any other problems assciatioed with running meth or water injection on a TVS coyote. I am trying to combat high IAT2 during summer florida driving. Cruising is ok but I am in stop and go 90% of the time and see 130+ IAT and 150-160 IAT2.

You should be fine if you add methanol injection, I would personally go with a mix that does not affect a/f though. What you are mainly looking for is lowering you IAT2's at WOT which is when it matters.

Users who are viewing this thread