doing a burnout???

SUPA SNAKE

Established Member
hey guys i was just wondering how can i do a burnout? im new to the cobra craze and i have an 03. i had a 94 5.0 and never had trouble doing a burnouit but i cant do one in my cobra why not. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SICKBOY

Established Member
THROTTLE SLIP the clutch a bit set tires on fire and modulate throttle till desired carbeque smoke screen is in effect ...lift if car hops at all.

JWC

Established Member
Pull in on the clutch, Press down on the throttle, drop the clutch, and if you want apply some pressure to the (foot) brake to hold the car in place. It's very easy. With my KB car you just hit the gas. Good luck, and if you do start to hop like sickboy said get off the throttle. And watch out for the COPS. Good luck.... the tire seller's will love you.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Heal on brake,Toe or ball of foot on gas. Hold brake down and then drive as if you are leaving a stop fast. Use the brake to keep the car steady and give gas appropriately until the smoke starts after that it's cake and all fun.

Or you can pop the clutch and heal toe it. I prefer the the first option b/c it is less stressful on the drivetrain when you refrain from dumping the clutch.

SICKBOY

Established Member
droppin the clutch is not needed at all and is hard on shit...you can go for the brakes but if you are askin how to light em off then the three peddle tango is pry oughta the current skills set. once the tires are ablaze you can peddle the shit out of it and get a slow rollin burn..

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
How I do a burnout: Depress the brake pedal with firm pressure, flip the line loc switch to "ON", with car in second gear, gently release the clutch pedal and follow the steps above.........

SonicBlueFTW

Steedarr
Established Member
IronTerp said:
How I do a burnout: Depress the brake pedal with firm pressure, flip the line loc switch to "ON", with car in second gear, gently release the clutch pedal and follow the steps above.........
that's what i will be doing at the next track day due to fried rear pads!!!!

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
shamis935 said:
TAKE OFF TRACTION CONTROL! then follow steps above.

Damn I can't believe you are the first one to say that...I guess I am one of many who have tc tuned off on the race setting then:banana: ....

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member

Venimus03

Established Member
IronTerp said:

yup :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread