Doing a swap have some questions

Honorable_kaiser

Established Member
so I'm doing a swap onto a 97 Cobra already have a bunch of parts needed but I am curious if there is a way to get rid of the hard lines that go from the intercooler to exchanger and swap for something else.

also, I am curious if you can use the 97 Cobras oil cooler in the swap haven't heard any relevant information regarding this.

a little more info on the heat exchanger i will not be using the stock one and will be getting a cheaper option and cutom fitting it to my bumper bar to cut costs.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You can use your own lines for the intercooler. A lot of people go with rubber 1" lines when doing all the upgrades. If you're fancy I'm sure you can come up with your own hard lines.

I don't believe you can use the 97 Cobra oil cooler because of alternator placement. I think the 03/04 placement gets in the way of the lower radiator hose.

Honorable_kaiser

Established Member
You can use your own lines for the intercooler. A lot of people go with rubber 1" lines when doing all the upgrades. If you're fancy I'm sure you can come up with your own hard lines.

I don't believe you can use the 97 Cobra oil cooler because of alternator placement. I think the 03/04 placement gets in the way of the lower radiator hose.
Thank you any chance you know of forum out there with instructions on how to make the lines?

01yellercobra

Established Member
You'll need a bender of some kind if you want to make hard lines. I'm sure you can find some videos on YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread